Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old December 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
jappel Citizen

EDIT: Yes, I do. Looks like the gamebox file is just under 2 MB. Shoot me a PM and we can coordinate getting it to you.

Last edited by jappel; December 17th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Located files.
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by warwizard View Post
I think the double blind is best done on a PBM/PBP situation with each player given a single admiral counter and only gets to know what that counter would know. Would be a big burden on the ref but likley a lot of fun.

I've only played a few turns FTF, and it did not work out, due to a differance in understanding of the play sequense in regards to fleet movement plots.
I had several times the idea of refreeing a PBM/PBEM campaign about FFW, and even began with a set of rules ( I also thought about adapting it to the Solomani War), but I found several promblems wich, with lack of time for my part, always fustrated the idea:

- I wanted a system of ship combat wich allowed a quick resolution while giving more detailed combat than th oficial in FFW (I was trying to adapt the naval combat system from SPI's ETO/PTO systems)
- I find quite 'irreal' the system of planetary combat, wich usually conquers a planet in 2-3 weeks at most (quite contradictory with Invasion Earth)
- I wanted a way that the systems could surrunder to siege/interdiction to allow the strategy planned by Provincial Goernor Shtaliatjlas of having Efate and Jewell surrundered without having to occupy them a chance
- I needed about a dozen or so players per side wich I could trust whould not talk among themselves about the game and wich accept the autority of their respectives CiCs

And, of course, I needed being able myself to referee it (family and work use also my time) to avoid the fustration of several players whould have should I leave the game in the middle of the war.