Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old March 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Visit ravells's Blog
ravells Citizen
Default RPG players in the forces

I didn't want to derail Blackbat's really interesting post on alternate histories. It's always struck me how in the US there seem to be huge number of RPG players who have also served in the forces.

It's interesting because (over here in Britain at least) RPGs have always seemed to be the province of the 'geek'...I don't think that anywhere near as many people in the forces here play RPGs (although not being connected with the forces in any way, I wouldn't really know).

I wonder how/why RPGs got the the take up in the US but not the UK? Not sure what it's like in the rest of Europe.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.