Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 13th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
DrSkull Citizen
I'm planning a new Traveller campaign in a few months and have sketched out basic idea: players form small mercenary band, do a few small jobs, then get a chance to get their hands on a Broadsword class crusier (re-capture it from hijackers, return cargo to Mega-corp--as long as they don't look at what's in the cargo containers, they can keep the ship). The ship will be in bad shape, so they'll need to finance repairs, but there won't be a mortgage.

I was wondering what size mercenary units people have played campaigns with. I know I've done units that are from squad to platoon level, and once a unit that was about company sized (with 2 starships) but I didn't get a chance to see the full company in action. Is it a problem dealing with a large unit?

How do people handle "mercenary licenses". WHat I did in the past was require a 1000cr/trooper bond-refundable if the unit disbands--as a "good-behavior pledge" from the unit. And either an imperial knight, noble or honorably discharged Army,Navy or Marine officer as the CEO. This allowed the unit legal recognition, and permission to buy certain weaponry from Imperial Surpluss (at my discretion).

------------------
Dave "Dr. Skull" Nelson

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.