Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Research Station

Imperial Research Station A forum for discussing technology and related topics for use in the Traveller Universe

Old June 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-13
Gallery : 4
PFVA63 Citizen
Default Low Berth Tech

When I first started playing Traveller I kind of envisioned Low Berths as being kind of along the lines of being something you simply stepped into and either laid down in (or maybe stood in like the cryo-tubes in "Futurama") and got frozen / put to sleep.

Over time though (especially as I've had more trips to my doctor) I've begun to wonder if maybe something a bit more "invasive" might be more interesting.

Specifically once when I had to have a surgery I remember waking up with all sorts of tubes going into and out of me. And, once when I had to take a sleep study, they ended up attaching all sorts of electrodes all over to monitor my stats.

So, I was just kind of interested in seeing how others treat low berths in their games and especially whether they assume that at a high enough TL using a low berth can be fairly non invasive or whether they assume the need to monitor a person's stats and such, as well as keeping the body functioning at some sort of reduced level will still require stuff like IV drips (or something similar) plus breathing tubes, catheters and/or other stuff?

Just kind of curious.

To see more of this thread, please login or register.