Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old November 26th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Murph Citizen
Where is the information on this polity? They seem to me to be ideal "villians" and could be patrons as well. Anyone know where information is available on these lords of the spaceways?
Old November 27th, 2001, 03:38 AM

Ben W Bell Citizen
I believe Challenge magazine did quite a lot on the Julian Protectorate and that general area. I can't remember what numbers but I do remember them doing it.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Murph Citizen

They would make an excellent foil/adventure seed for CT/MT instead of the stupid rebellion. Almost Nothing is written about them, they are a fertile area for adventures.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 8
Easterner9504 Citizen
Default Julian Protectorate

Julian Protectorate: sources at end of article.

http://traveller.wikia.com/wiki/Julian_Protectorate
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

Rasher Citizen

Julian Protectorate was written up in Challenge 49 detailing the Mendan sector.

It has been my campaign sector since I fled the Spinward Marches. Although in my campaign the Julians are the good guys and the enemies are the nasty autocratic Imperium and the racist Gaishkan Empire.

Easterner's link above has what detail there is.

Also if you have a JTAS subscription look out for articles written by Paul Drye for places and people in the Antares sector. These both great and have useful cross boarder use. Also look for the Antares League written by Hans Rancke-Madsen. While also in Antares it is an important point of political interest for the Julians.

GURPS Nobles have a sidebar about Nobility in the Julian Protectorate and the pdf Grand Fleet written by Martin Dougherty has some interesting writeups about the Julian War 175 and the current Julian navy.

I've always wanted to do a campaign set in the Julian War specifically in the Lasla and Maidza subsectors with the PC's taking the role of the members of the resistance movement against Imperial aggression at a time when the various factions in Mendan were still just learning to get along together. A sort of Star Wars meets the Spanish Civil War. But that campaign still remains on my to do list.
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Also if you have a JTAS subscription look out for articles written by Paul Drye for places and people in the Antares sector. These both great and have useful cross boarder use. Also look for the Antares League written by Hans Rancke-Madsen. While also in Antares it is an important point of political interest for the Julians.
Paul's work consistently scored high in the reader survey (I was quite jealous of him ;-)), so I can support that reccomendation. I had nothing to do with the Antares League. 95% of my work is set in the Spinward Marches, with only a few excursions elsewhere when I get an idea that works better there.

Hans
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 37
BeRKA Citizen

Also have a look at Falkayn's pages.
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

Rasher Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancke2 View Post
Paul's work consistently scored high in the reader survey (I was quite jealous of him ;-)), so I can support that reccomendation. I had nothing to do with the Antares League. 95% of my work is set in the Spinward Marches, with only a few excursions elsewhere when I get an idea that works better there.

Hans
I'm so sorry. I just went back and double checked and yes The League of Antares was another one written by Paul. I've got no idea why I thought it was you. You must have written something I liked in the past.

BTW is Paul still writing Traveller bits? I was always hopeing he would do an Antares sector book.

Last edited by Rasher; June 8th, 2010 at 06:28 AM..