Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
How about a patron? Someone on whose name/reputation they might be able to draw very occasionally?
That is along the lines of what I was thinking, but Dave has said he'd rather have cash, and ErianFrost says he'd rather have a gun, so...

I dunno, if it was me, I think it would be cooler and more valuable to have a patron or club membership.

You sure, Dave?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

yup, cash, so I could buy some cool item before play
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Jame Citizen

Is there room for another player? And is it alright if I use the Scavenger career that I posted on this website?
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

I'll let the ref answer about room ...

... but for my 2 cents, a Scavenger might be amazingly appropriate for the setting.

[but you probably need to add a link so the ref can find the career you are referring to.]

Was it this SCAVENGER CAREER?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Is there room for another player? And is it alright if I use the Scavenger career that I posted on this website?
Hi, Jame! I'm actually kinda boggled at the idea of GMing for eight players - I was expecting more "too busy" responses and instead got more "yes" responses than I was expecting - plus my two sons decided they wanted to play - anyway, let me see how it goes with eight and then maybe we could let you add in later? Actually, there is one other guy "in line" ahead of you that asked me last week, and I told him we were full up.

Just let me see how it goes with eight - I think the most I have ever GMed the old-fashioned way was five, and this is my first online GMing.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
yup, cash, so I could buy some cool item before play
OK, fine w me!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

Gallery : 0
subbob Citizen
Default Saying Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Actually, there is one other guy "in line" ahead of you that asked me last week,
*pops up & waves* "Yep, that would be me."

I told SpaceBadger that I would follow along and keep up with the plot lines in the event an opening (or two) becomes available for more PCs.

It's been a long time since I've done PBEM or play by post; but I suspect the number of players may be less of an issue. (Especially since at any time one or more of the group may be idle, taken up by RL, etc)

However, I do think it's best to get it going first and see how it runs.

Who knows what may happen? Perhaps one of those NPC crew members fails to perform, the robotic steward malfunctions, or one of the "patrons" joins the menagerie after a less than stellar mission... LOL
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

I find that I was incorrect earlier, in discussion w LiNeNoIse, about Vilani colonies in Reavers' Deep. I was relying on the fact that several worlds have Vilani names, and that this was near the edge of Vilani exploration and colonization. Yesterday I took another look at the historical maps included w MegaTraveller Referee's Manual, and it appears the Ziru Sirka actually never got any further than Daibei sector. Those Vilani-named worlds must have been colonized during the Rule of Man, perhaps from Vilani-majority homeworlds.

I don't mind pushing the frontier back a bit, just makes the Deep a wilder place, never even completely surveyed. I will however be disregarding the companion historical map in MT Ref Manual that shows the RoM never extending into the Deep, as that is contradicted by the work of the Keith brothers, and if we disregard their work we really have almost no canon history of the Deep.

By the way, little known fact (which I just invented, as there is nothing to contradict me): on early maps, the sector was referred to by the RoM cartographers as Riftrim Deep; it was only later, after the heyday of the pirate bands known as Reavers, that the sector gained its current name. The Riftrim name survives only as the name of one of the coreward subsectors of the Deep.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Since I am backdating abt 1900 years prior to the standard 1105 setting, I am taking the liberty of renaming some worlds to more closely match their original explorers/settlers (assuming as someone suggested that they may later be renamed in the next 1900 years to what we see on the standard sector maps).

So... I don't happen to speak (or read, or write) any variety of Chinese. Can someone point me at a good source of Mandarin or Cantonese names for systems colonized by the Celestial League in the rim-spinward corner of the Deep, or do I have to go with my fallback standard of just getting a map of China and copying some placenames that sound good? (I'm sorry, but Gustave, Delilah, Zack, Galloway, Miranda, and the rest just don't work for me as a bunch of systems colonized by ethnic Chinese direct from Terra.)

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
So... I don't happen to speak (or read, or write) any variety of Chinese. Can someone point me at a good source of Mandarin or Cantonese names for systems colonized by the Celestial League in the rim-spinward corner of the Deep, or do I have to go with my fallback standard of just getting a map of China and copying some placenames that sound good? (I'm sorry, but Gustave, Delilah, Zack, Galloway, Miranda, and the rest just don't work for me as a bunch of systems colonized by ethnic Chinese direct from Terra.)
What if they are racial Chinese directly from San Francisco, Terra?

Hans

Last edited by rancke; August 4th, 2013 at 04:55 PM..
Closed Thread