Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Oh hey, this seems as good a juncture as any to admit this, but after looking over the costs and mass of the ship components on the worksheet I have I just realized that I drew the plans using the wrong values for the drives.

Instead of the volume I used the cost values for computing squares. Accordingly, the engineering spaces on the deckplans are larger than they should be. It wouldn't have changed the overall shape of the ship much, other than perhaps narrowing the Quarters Deck in the stern, since the cargo deck shape was really the core of the design.

Sorry about that - my only defense is that I was heavily medicated with painkillers and muscle relaxants for those couple of days when I drew the plans up, but it's still sloppy of me.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:59 AM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Here is the price breakdown on the ship parts from LBB2:

Component price (in MCr.)

500 tons (w/ streamlining) 50
Bridge 2
Computer Model 4 30

Jump Drive F 60
Maneuver Drive H 32
Power Plant H 64

Drop Tanks prices are up to the referee.

Staterooms (14) 7
Low Berths (10) .5

Triple Turrets (x3) 3
4 Beam Lasers 4
Sandcasters (x2) .5
Missile Rack .75

Launch 14

Old August 11th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I think while on the ship we should NOT carry a weapon during routine operations - especially since it might unduly alarm the passengers. However, if no passengers are on board, and/or we are heading into harm's way and know it then if it makes you feel better I suppose you can carry a sidearm, but try not to carry around passengers. You never know if one of them gets twitchy around guns and we don't need to make it easier for someone to try something stupid.

We have plenty of weapons stashed around the ship, and its not a big ship so you wouldn't have to run far to retrieve your favorite gun if a fight starts, so we don't really need to be carrying the things while working the ship.
Was that what you intended to say? (Added the NOT since that seemed more in line w the rest of your comments.)

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Oh hey, this seems as good a juncture as any to admit this, but after looking over the costs and mass of the ship components on the worksheet I have I just realized that I drew the plans using the wrong values for the drives.

Instead of the volume I used the cost values for computing squares. Accordingly, the engineering spaces on the deckplans are larger than they should be. It wouldn't have changed the overall shape of the ship much, other than perhaps narrowing the Quarters Deck in the stern, since the cargo deck shape was really the core of the design.

Sorry about that - my only defense is that I was heavily medicated with painkillers and muscle relaxants for those couple of days when I drew the plans up, but it's still sloppy of me.
No sweat, amigo! The whole design looks great!

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:14 AM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Was that what you intended to say? (Added the NOT since that seemed more in line w the rest of your comments.)
Yeah....I'm typing so much this week I'm losing track of what's coming out onto the "paper" I think. I'll be glad when Friday comes and goes and finals week will be over. 30 days of no classwork, yay.

Old August 11th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

I had a couple of questions on the ship design:
26 is labeled "stern cargo doors" - did you mean bow cargo doors? ("stern" is aft, "bow" is forward)
How do passengers get on the ship? Through crew quarters from the cargo deck? Through crew quarters from the launch? (Oh, I see - one of the pantries is an airlock....)
Did you use 1m or 1.5m squares?

I also volunteer my services for turning this into 3D model (though I don't have the skill to make it detailed or texture it). I can also turn the deckplan into a computerized format if you like.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Jarvis replies, "I'm sorry, Doc, I can't do that."
Given the player's name, you should go with the original "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

Please let me know if we turn any part of ship's operations over to AIs - 'cause I'll spend the rest of the trip in my vacc suit..........

BTW - if an entire post consists of "[OOC:]", then please post it over in the appropriate OOC thread. Otherwise it will get hard to follow the actual conversation/interaction. Just a piece of friendly advice to all.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog

Oh, and I think Badger is doing a bang-up job so far! Kudos to you!

(In what time zones do folks reside? That way I can judge when the best time to check the IC thread is. I'm US East Coast time zone (UTC+5 right now).)
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Doc wants either room 18 or 19

As for Doc using the wrong name of the AI, Hmm, he has been on the ship for what 2 weeks.

Also, Doc is just waking up, being a doc with smelly liquids and trying to keep paying passengers happy. With the biometrics you mentioned, I figured it didn't matter which AI, I used to open the sick bay.
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
I had a couple of questions on the ship design:
26 is labeled "stern cargo doors" - did you mean bow cargo doors? ("stern" is aft, "bow" is forward)
How do passengers get on the ship? Through crew quarters from the cargo deck? Through crew quarters from the launch? (Oh, I see - one of the pantries is an airlock....)
Did you use 1m or 1.5m squares?

I also volunteer my services for turning this into 3D model (though I don't have the skill to make it detailed or texture it). I can also turn the deckplan into a computerized format if you like.
I see #29 labeled as stern cargo doors. #26 is labeled as the passenger lounge.

And the scale is 1.5m squares (2 squares to the ton).

Closed Thread