Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old April 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-5

Gallery : 0
wnourse1 Citizen
Default Anyone still playing Brilliant Lances?

I've just picked it up again after a long hiatus in gaming in general and went to play out a sample scenario. Wanting to pick a simple one, I picked the Vampire scenario and began filling out the ship record sheets.

What a pain - particularly since the sheets don't have enough slots for weapons and defenses aboard the destroyer (or any of the other larger ships). So taking a trick from Squadron Strike, I figured why not use a spreadsheet as a template that could be printed out before each battle? In addition, I could put in the base data for the ships that are included with the game, vastly reducing setup time.

Has anyone else done anything like this, or would anyone have interest?

I've got the template done and the data for the Midu Agashaam destroyer entered. The downside is that it's two pages, rather than one and does not yet have the accumulated G track or the heading info, although I'm thinking that I could scan those off an original sheet and embed the image into the sheet. I'll test it out and see how it comes out. If it seems to work and I'm feeling ambitious, I'll probably add it to one of the versions of the ship design spreadsheets, which will aid me in the campaign I'm running.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.