Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 5th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen

Henri's eyes widen in shock at the sight and behavior of this Tunnaud man. That a fellow countryman should embarrass himself and France with such behavior is beyond reason! What will the English think? Half rising out of his seat prepared to take the man to task, Henri thinks better and sits down. Composing himself he watches to see how his hosts react.

The General and Major both more amused than anything and seem to at least respect Tunnaud's abilities if not the man.

Henri finishes his sherry and asks if there is a room where he may change for the match.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
"'Tis Major Fellows, and you're a good bit late, Engineer!" Turning to McBean, "Your engineer who found a lady and disappeared? We have a replacement. I'm now wondering if Color Dennis was a bit mad in providing a recommend for him. This would be Engineer Tinn-odd, late of the RMS Oceanic." Turning back to the engineer, "Mister Tinn-odd, Did not White Star provide you dining dress?" The Major points to an empty seat, and has leftovers served to Tinnaud, while custards and a light sherry are offered to everyone else. "General, if you'll excuse me, I must dress for the match."

The General nods, and chuckling, adds, "Mr. McBean, White Star vouches for his skill, tho' not his attire, in their letter. Since your man ditched last night, we figured we'd bring in someone. Pardon if I overstepped."
"Well, I guess were we go we 'd better also vouch for skill and not for attire" answers McBean. "I guess we'll find better use for a good engineer tan for a good dining dress. I don't hink you overreacted, Sir".

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM

Jame Citizen

Davey looks on amusedly while scribbling notes for a rough report.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Once the Major has left to prepare for his cricket match, Carson will ask Lt. McPhee whether he may be excused now, and if assent is given will ask Smithers if he would like to come to town with him.
While talking with Lt. McPhee, Carson will take out his printed orders and ask if the Lieutenant would mind adding an addendum authorizing Carson to draw supplies for the trip from the Army warehouse at the Southhampton docks, where departing regiments stock up with extras when setting sail for other parts of the British Empire. If McPhee asks who will pay for this, Carson grins and replies that he hopes no one will need to pay anything, as he may know some of the supply sergeants and be able to request a few reasonable items just on the strength of his orders. [I had in mind this being the contribution of the three Army characters to the Ship's Locker, rather than having them come out of pocket personally, since they are going on this expedition under orders.]

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
While talking with Lt. McPhee, Carson will take out his printed orders and ask if the Lieutenant would mind adding an addendum authorizing Carson to draw supplies for the trip from the Army warehouse at the Southhampton docks, where departing regiments stock up with extras when setting sail for other parts of the British Empire. If McPhee asks who will pay for this, Carson grins and replies that he hopes no one will need to pay anything, as he may know some of the supply sergeants and be able to request a few reasonable items just on the strength of his orders. [I had in mind this being the contribution of the three Army characters to the Ship's Locker, rather than having them come out of pocket personally, since they are going on this expedition under orders.]
"Dr Dubois, Sir," says a private, "Up the stairs, 1st on the right."

McPhee takes him in to see Lance Sjt Charlie. The name plate on the desk reads "C. C. Charley."

The young man, no more than 19, looks up, Notices the eye, "I signed me up by what me da see fit t' say.... Charley Charley Charley. Leastwise on Gods days. I know just 'the paper an sing to gi' ya."

10 minutes later, a supply draft for "Reasonable and proper supplies for AS and her crew." The Lance runs to the major, gets a scribble, and then "distresses" the paper a bit.

"The orders We forgot, Sjt!"

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 5th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Carson is grinning like a baboon as takes the crumpled paper and shakes hands with Lance Sgt C.C. Charley, then turns to salute Lt McPhee. "Just the ticket, sir! Any par'tickler requests you want me to make from the warehouse, or just a general supply load, sir?"

After getting McPhee's answer, Carson says, "By your leave then, sir, I'll be taking this to the warehouse and see if I can improve our supply situation somewhat." If McPhee has no further orders, Carson will go back downstairs to check on Smithers and see if he still wants to go along.

While looking for Smithers (found scrounging an extra custard, as expected), Carson happens to overhear McBean expressing his own desire for an elephant gun. Somewhat reluctantly, he approaches the inventor. As this man has been identified as his commanding officer for the expedition, he feels that he should salute, but the man is not in uniform...

Carson settles for moving near McBean, bracing at attention, waiting for a pause in conversation, and stating; "Sir! I understand you intend on seeking an elephant gun. I have been informed that there may be one in town, but possibly only one. I will be happy to help you seek it out, or to find it myself and purchase it for you. However, I have no experience buying such fancy guns, nor any idea what the price would be." He remains at attention, awaiting McBean's reply.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old February 6th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

The mission discussed over lunch:

The ship is to map the penisula west of the Italian Colony, at "10-mile" scale (1"=10miles). (We're going to slop a little and call the 50-mile across hexes as 30 sq miles, rather than the 28.87 or so it works out to.)

Bonuses per man; McBean gets paid 4x - once for captain's share, twice for owner's share, once for crew share - but he's also responsible for the ship itself.
  • full pay (150) for 180 days on survey or 600 square miles at 10-mile
  • 5 bonus for each interesting area 10mi x 10mi mapped to 1/2mile scale
  • 5 per detailed survey at 50' scale of an artifact, village, or farm with accompanying photographs
  • 1 per new species catalogued
  • 5 per new species preserved and returned
  • 50 per new species brought live to earth suitably contained
  • 10 per suitable colony.
  • Suitable bonus for protecting Crown interests
  • If primary survey done, current maps of extant UK colonial villages also bonus-worthy.

Note: 10-mile is QUICK to photograph from High altitude - it takes longer to fly it than to shoot it.
At low, it's a LOT longer.

And, just a complication, the pay is for COMPLETED topo maps, not raw photos alone. Pay halved if the maps are not done.

A slim volume, 98pp at roughly pocket paperback sized, "1886 Royal Army Field Guide for Colonial Service on Venus" lists 50-some known species, and their threat to troops. It's provided to everyone at conclusion of custards.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

1:00pm 9 Jan 1887

Carson is grinning like a baboon as takes the crumpled paper and shakes hands with Lance Sgt C.C. Charley, then turns to salute Lt McPhee. "Just the ticket, sir! Any par'tickler requests you want me to make from the warehouse, or just a general supply load, sir?"

McPhee looks to Charley.

"Color Davis is full-a-porky-pies, and I don't know he's actually sending us our Party Rocks Harts." snaps out Charley, while filing the daily reports.

McPhee, in an apparent attempt to not look like he's clueless as to what the cockney Lance Sjt is trying to say, utters. "Very Well, Lance Sjt. That, and if you can wiggle it, a hogshead of metal scraps.

After getting McPhee's answer, Carson says, "By your leave then, sir, I'll be taking this to the warehouse and see if I can improve our supply situation somewhat."

"On your way, then, Sjt. Dismissed." He returns the expected salute.

Carson will go back downstairs to check on Smithers and see if he still wants to go along.

While looking for Smithers (found scrounging an extra custard, as expected), Carson happens to overhear McBean expressing his own desire for an elephant gun. Somewhat reluctantly, he approaches the inventor. As this man has been identified as his commanding officer for the expedition, he feels that he should salute, but the man is not in uniform...

Carson settles for moving near McBean, bracing at attention, waiting for a pause in conversation, and stating; "Sir! I understand you intend on seeking an elephant gun. I have been informed that there may be one in town, but possibly only one. I will be happy to help you seek it out, or to find it myself and purchase it for you. However, I have no experience buying such fancy guns, nor any idea what the price would be." He remains at attention, awaiting McBean's reply.

OOC Note: if hit quote, then delete the quote tags, you can simply use different colors to differentiate what's been quoted when inserting into others' posts, as I've been doing.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
"Let's go for it then" says McBean, "it can be Handy against those dinosaurs, if half what I've Heard about them is true. After all, what can kill an elephant must be quite damaging..."

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
"Color Davis is full-a-porky-pies, and I don't know he's actually sending us our Party Rocks Harts." snaps out Charley, while filing the daily reports.
Carson scratches his head a moment over the Cockney rhyming slang [Linguistics roll in Chatter thread], then figures that Charley believes Color Sgt Davis to be a liar, who might not be sending the box of artillery parts that were ordered. He decides to check the box if it has already been delivered, to make sure that it contains the appropriate spares and tools; if not yet delivered, he will include it in the supply list to the warehouse, and personally check the contents after delivery is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
"Let's go for it then" says McBean, "it can be Handy against those dinosaurs, if half what I've Heard about them is true. After all, what can kill an elephant must be quite damaging..."
"Right you are then, sir. 'At was me own thinking, too. I've been told by the Major as to where 'e believes one might be found, but seems the place is off-limits for some reason, so 'e ordered me not to go in uniform. I 'aven't got any civvies, but me folks live in town so I intended to go there first to see if they still 'ave any of me old clothes, or else borrow from me Dad or one of me brothers, then go seeking this gun..."

Carson pauses a moment, rubbing his chin while thinking. "But I've got to be in uniform to run me other errand, taking a supply list by the Army warehouse... Sir, if it be your intent to come along to this off-limits place where we might find the elephant gun, then if it suits your schedule, it might be helpful if you were to come along to the warehouse as well. I 'ave an order from the Major which they ought to comply wit', but you Sir bein' the commanding officer of the expedition... I dunno, sir, whatever you think on that."

"Ummm, you might also like to see me Dad's bookshop, 'e 'as all sorts of scientific books, I used to love reading as a kid... Probly some out of date now, but ye never know... An' 'e gets new books in trade all the time, or as samples in binding, or even buys 'em if 'e thinks they'll sell."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 6th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: dropping Hs