Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 15th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
How about using the CT trade rules instead? Or, better yet, the ones from Interstellar Wars that is the CT rules with some of the problems fixed.

Hans, I have to thank you again for suggesting the trade system in GT: Interstellar Wars! I never would have thought to look there, but the system combines the simplicity of the LBB2 system w a certain common sense that I expect from GURPS products. Sure, I will have to make some adjustment for using CT skill system rather than GT, but I think this is going to work really well! (For one thing, the trade classifications make a lot more sense, although I think I will add a new classification for "New Colony" as there are some things that such worlds need and are even more desperate for than other NI worlds.)

Thank you!

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:13 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
The Fortunate Son has Cr25,000 in its Operating Fund. I'm still working on the cargo.

Local Library Data update will cost Cr100.
Well, prices are cheap in this TU! I'll put in an order for a library update.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:56 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Hans, I have to thank you again for suggesting the trade system in GT: Interstellar Wars! I never would have thought to look there, but the system combines the simplicity of the LBB2 system w a certain common sense that I expect from GURPS products. Sure, I will have to make some adjustment for using CT skill system rather than GT, but I think this is going to work really well! (For one thing, the trade classifications make a lot more sense, although I think I will add a new classification for "New Colony" as there are some things that such worlds need and are even more desperate for than other NI worlds.)

Thank you!
Found one problem already, and wondering if you know if it was errataed, and if so where I could find the errata: In the Speculative Goods Table, there are no modifiers listed for Rich or Poor worlds on any of the trade goods.

Although I may just add those as an addendum along with the New Colony modifier; Rich, Poor, or New Colony may modify price for selling certain goods, but not for buying them. Hmm, I can see a problem there, making money without ever leaving port... will need to think about this.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 04:49 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Found one problem already, and wondering if you know if it was errataed, and if so where I could find the errata: In the Speculative Goods Table, there are no modifiers listed for Rich or Poor worlds on any of the trade goods.

Although I may just add those as an addendum along with the New Colony modifier; Rich, Poor, or New Colony may modify price for selling certain goods, but not for buying them. Hmm, I can see a problem there, making money without ever leaving port... will need to think about this.
If there is errata on this, I would like to look at it and see what they came up with. If not, then I think I will use the following modifiers for Rich, Poor, and New Colony trade classifications:

Rich: Rich worlds will pay extra for luxuries and novelties from offworld; the modifiers in this paragraph do not apply to goods already available onworld. Luxuries and novelties may include artwork, handicrafts, gemstones, spices, pre-recorded media, pharmaceuticals. Certain other goods may qualify as luxuries or novelties if they are of sufficiently high quality or novelty as opposed to similar goods already available onworld: wood, wood products, fruits, vegetables, nuts, beverages, textiles, toys, games, sporting gear, entertainment devices, meat, fish, vehicles. Qualifying goods gain a +2 DM for purchase or sale price in addition to modifiers for other applicable trade classifications.

Poor: Poor worlds prefer to buy only necessities, which will vary according to the particular world. Any goods not deemed a necessity will have a -2 DM on sale price in addition to modifiers for other applicable trade classifications. Note this is for sale price only; such goods are not any cheaper to purchase on Poor worlds.

New Colony: New colonies need many goods for construction, expansion, and safety and are willing to pay a premium for such goods out of necessity. What goods these are will depend on the particular colony, but in general may include: computers, firearms, ammunition, pharmaceuticals, tools, manufactured goods, precision instruments, electronics, electronic parts, vehicles, grav units, grav parts, machinery, mechanical parts. All of these are of course subject to reason; items that are of little use on a particular world will not sell well. Qualifying goods gain a +2, +3, or +4 DM for purchase or sale price in addition to modifiers for other applicable trade classifications. Where items are in high demand and truly scarce, the Scarcity modifiers from Hard Times may apply as well.

Tech Level Difference: Where a TL difference in goods makes them more or less valuable, the difference in TL may be used as a DM on purchase or sale. This depends on there being some use for the product locally on sale transactions; low tech worlds will not pay for high tech goods that they cannot use, and where the same type of goods are also available at the lower tech level, some roleplaying may be required to convince the buyer of why he should pay more for higher TL versions. The GM may impose limits on TL modifiers where extreme results would break the system.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Tech Level Difference: Where a TL difference in goods makes them more or less valuable, the difference in TL may be used as a DM on purchase or sale. This depends on there being some use for the product locally on sale transactions; low tech worlds will not pay for high tech goods that they cannot use, and where the same type of goods are also available at the lower tech level, some roleplaying may be required to convince the buyer of why he should pay more for higher TL versions. The GM may impose limits on TL modifiers where extreme results would break the system.
Change #1 - rather than be a modifier on the price table, the TL difference (x10) will be a percentage modifier of base price, before going to the price table. There may still be haggling as to whether or not the TL difference is worth any difference in base price, but that's roleplaying.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:31 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Possible flaw in the "Crew Does Maintenance" spreadsheet - where did you come up w Cr200/hr to determine man-hours of labor needed?

You guys work about 200 hours/month, and get paid $4000/month as Engineer-2+ or Cr3000/month for Engineer-1. That doesn't look like any Cr200/hr to me!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Traditional" under HG only. There are no TL restrictions in LBB2 except to the computers, and LBB3 says drive H and lower are TL 10. Since in LBB2 drives are all or nothing affairs that depend only on the mass of the hull they are installed in for limiting performance you can have a high jump capability at even TL 10.
Yes, but does Spacebadger really want people in his campaign to have access to jump-6 ships?

Quote:
Me, I just decide which rules I'm going to use and stick within those parameters. SpaceBadger says we are using LBB2 so I used LBB2 and LBB3 to check for TL limits. The TL for this ship is 10 according to those rules.
But the game universe is going to be radically different from the OTU.

The simplest fix is to keep using the LBB2 rules but to add an extra rule to the effect that jump drives are max 1 at TL 9-10, max 2 at TL 11, etc..

Hans
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
The simplest fix is to keep using the LBB2 rules but to add an extra rule to the effect that jump drives are max 1 at TL 9-10, max 2 at TL 11, etc..
I think I prefer using the LBB2 (and TTB) rules on max sizes of drives that can be built by TL, subject to max J-1 at TL 9, max J-2 at TL 10 or 11, max J-3 at TL 12 (which is as high as it goes in this campaign, so no J-6, TYVM!). Handwave: even with bigger drive ratio to hull size, there are limits in Navigation by TL, thus the J-# limits above.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:49 AM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Little wood carvings of "swans"........
Oh, and postholers.
For digging holes...for posts...

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Possible flaw in the "Crew Does Maintenance" spreadsheet - where did you come up w Cr200/hr to determine man-hours of labor needed?

You guys work about 200 hours/month, and get paid $4000/month as Engineer-2+ or Cr3000/month for Engineer-1. That doesn't look like any Cr200/hr to me!
Not my conversation, but I'll weigh in. As was mentioned, some of these things might require a starport to do (in addition to the PP and Jump drives). In the case that you are paying someone else to do it (or maybe to do it right), then I imagine that would apply.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Closed Thread