Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen

Gayne's just going to tend to his arsenal until he has something else to do.
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

"Gayne, the man they call Gayne...."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
Gayne's just going to tend to his arsenal until he has something else to do.
[OOC: Does his electromag combat sniper rifle have a name?]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:00 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma resets her alerts for any changes to the boards, and prepares for the day. She has two courier jobs today that will pay the rent for the week. Hopefully it will be the last week's rent she'll have to pay on Devonia. She dresses for business (and arms herself) and heads out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Conveniently, both pickups are in the downtown area, 2 km inland from the ports and docks. One delivery is to a business office out on the northwest edge of the metro area, 10 km from downtown; the other delivery is about 25 km northeast from downtown, to a mining complex in the high hills sloping up to the mountains.
[OOC: I could have sworn that I saw a post from you telling me how and where she was carrying both pistols, and stating that she would do the nearer delivery first. I can't find that anywhere. Maybe it was in email or OOC thread?]

Donoma's first delivery works out w no problems. She hands over a sealed case about the right size for a handful of datacards; the security receptionist checks the seals, then signs an electronic receipt and hands Donoma a copy on a datacard.

Donoma has some trouble w turbulence from rising thermals as she heads up into the hills, but successfully recovers control of her grav bike without mishap. She spots the mining complex, which she has visited before, and sets down her grav bike in front of the manager's office, a pre-fab shed with its shiny blue finish dulled to gray by layers of dust.

What next?

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:04 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Gayne, the man they call Gayne...."
"The Hero of... [Excuse me, that's classified. If you say any more about it, well, you know what happens then...]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Quote:
[OOC: I could have sworn that I saw a post from you telling me how and where she was carrying both pistols, and stating that she would do the nearer delivery first. I can't find that anywhere. Maybe it was in email or OOC thread?]
Here. [OOC: I've managed to get posts in all the wrong spots - with the exception of the blog... ]

Quote:
What next?
Donoma dismounts, puts her revolver into a regular waist holster (there's varmints up here* - and not all of them have more than two legs), unstraps the small but heavy package, and walks up to the shed with it. Opening the door, she steps into the dim interior. She spots the day foreman, Wallis, at her desk.

"Hi, hun. I think this is that grinder bore tip you were waiting on."

She sets the package on Wallis' desk.

[*OOC: What sort of critters are up here? Snakes? Mountain lions? Bears? Gorillas? Killer voles? The nature of the threat will determine the ratio of snake shot to bigger shot to .45 in the cylinder, as well as the speedloader in her pocket.]
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
[*OOC: What sort of critters are up here? Snakes? Mountain lions? Bears? Gorillas? Killer voles? The nature of the threat will determine the ratio of snake shot to bigger shot to .45 in the cylinder, as well as the speedloader in her pocket.]
Snake and cougar analogs, plus something like an iguana on meth, very fast and vicious. Also, some of the plant-life is very energetic and not to be trusted - something like venus flytraps, except w springy spikes that stab things and pull them back to the plant.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 16th, 2013 at 01:25 PM..
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog

Quote:
Snake and cougar analogs, plus something like an iguana on meth, very fast and vicious. Also, some of the plant-life is very energetic and not to be trusted - something like venus flytraps, except w springy spikes that stab things and pull them back to the planet.
Alrighty, then.... Loaded with 410mag snake shot/410mag buck shot/410mag snake/410mag buck/.45LC/.45LC.

And, she's wearing boots. Definitely boots.
Old August 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Donoma dismounts, puts her revolver into a regular waist holster (there's varmints up here* - and not all of them have more than two legs), unstraps the small but heavy package, and walks up to the shed with it. Opening the door, she steps into the dim interior. She spots the day foreman, Wallis, at her desk.

"Hi, hun. I think this is that grinder bore tip you were waiting on."

She sets the package on Wallis' desk.
Wallis thanks Donoma and checks the package. "Yep, that's it. You want the receipt for this, or want me to just send it to Maxwell?" [the sender]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma

"I'll take it with me. I want to run all the way back in to town, anyway."
Donoma puts the receipt away in her inner jacket pocket.

"How are things going out here, lately? I haven't seen you in town for the last week or so."
Closed Thread