Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
... but some of the self-monitoring safeties are no longer self-monitoring. That means one of the engineers will need to babysit the MD Main Control panel to manually watch for signs of trouble. It is going to be a long 91 hours.

As Max crosses the commons, he notices one of the lights flicker and sighs, 'another few days and that will be one more yellow alert that turns red' he mumbles to himself. 'Focus on the critical systems' he reminds himself as he hurries to monitor the MD panel in engineering.
[OOC: checked the Crew Roster, and Henry is the only one qualified as an Assistant Engineer, but maybe you could get some of the others to help by watching the boards and calling either Max or Henry if lights change color when they shouldn't.]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Doc makes his way to the bridge, as he enters the upper deck, he notices the smell of fresh vomit. Sniffing his cloths first, he then walks over to the nearest vent and sniffs there.

Wrinkling his nose a bit, he heads into the Bridge.

'Morning Captain. I have a possible contact for you that actually is closer than you may think.'

David Verchanski
VERCHANSKI SUPPLY SERVICES
Import/Export and Custom Manufacturing
Devonia City, Devonia (RD 3125)
[comm-code]

Handing the Captain David's card, 'Our passenger Mr. Verchanski appears to be into supplies and exports.'

'By the way, I noticed that fresh, just jumped in system smell of vomit in the ventilation system. I wonder if the filters are in place or one of them has a hole in it.'
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

"Probably a combination of all of the above, Doc, that's why I'm looking forward to being on the ground long enough to take care of some of those sorts of things. It has been a while"

Hampton looks at the info on card, "This looks promising. I'm going to go make a little small talk with our passengers and I'll see if this might lead to some business. I imagine he seems an upstanding type?"

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
[Max]...hurries to monitor the MD panel in engineering.
Henry meets Max in Engineering offers to monitor the MD if Max wants to take a look at the bots, and see if there's anything Henry can do with them. He offers to come on a couple of hours early as well.

"Get me a couple of pointers on what I might do with one or both of the 'bots before we get parts, then let me turn in for 8, and I'm good for 14!"

Although Henry just cam off bridge watch, it is obvious from his somewhat manic affect that he's still a little wired from the EVA. [His forte' is lasing sophants in zero-G, after all...]

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I imagine he seems an upstanding type?"
'You know as much about as I do. Quiet type, hasn't said or done much since he as been aboard. With the card versus efile, I feel that he might be willing to do some table talk both above and below on some goods. Just a feeling, no hard facts.'

'Most people who give hard cards are either trying to impress you with their spending of money on paper out here or, they are trying to hint that they are a face to face, willing to deal kind of guy, with out a lot of hassle. '

'If he is legit and that place exist, we should be able to query about his business in port since he exports.'

Old August 15th, 2013, 03:30 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

"Ok, I'll have a side chat with him before we touch down and set up and appointment."

Hampton calls the bridge, "Kalos, I'm loading my authorization (Hampton sets up the purchase order on his pocket comp, signs, and uploads it to the ship's computer) "for an update package for the Library program. Send in the order and load it into the system, please."

Hampton will stop by Mr. Verchanski's stateroom and knock.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 15th, 2013, 04:01 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Hampton will stop by Mr. Verchanski's stateroom and knock.
A few seconds go by, most likely as Verchanski queries Jarvis to ask who is knocking, then the door slides open and you hear Verchanski speak from inside, "Hello, Captain. Please come in."

He has risen from where he was apparently seated on his bunk, and gestures you toward the room's chair. "Please, have a seat. What can I do for you?"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 15th, 2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

After taking Hamilton's call, Kalos sends in the purchase order for the Library upgrade. He then sends a request for more specifics about the various trade goods currently in demand on Devonia, checking prices on a wide variety of goods while keeping an eye on the current value of the items in the Fortunate Son's hold.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:23 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
After taking Hamilton's call, Kalos sends in the purchase order for the Library upgrade. He then sends a request for more specifics about the various trade goods currently in demand on Devonia, checking prices on a wide variety of goods while keeping an eye on the current value of the items in the Fortunate Son's hold.
Kalos receives a reply message by laser-comm 90 minutes later with the Library Data upgrade and the requested purchase and sale price histories. The histories are only for what was bought and sold through the public listing service, but still give Kalos a pretty good idea of what the ship can get here for different kinds of goods.

Kalos quickly sorts and sets aside the reports from the dummy queries that he sent to hide his real interests. What he has left of the historic data confirms the ideas that he had after viewing the more current data from the port's original news packet.

[OOC: I will PM you the details after I get the ship's actual cargo figured, so Kalos can make his report to the Captain w suggestions on buying and selling.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Henry meets Max in Engineering offers to monitor the MD if Max wants to take a look at the bots, and see if there's anything Henry can do with them. He offers to come on a couple of hours early as well.

"Get me a couple of pointers on what I might do with one or both of the 'bots before we get parts, then let me turn in for 8, and I'm good for 14!"

Although Henry just cam off bridge watch, it is obvious from his somewhat manic affect that he's still a little wired from the EVA. [His forte' is lasing sophants in zero-G, after all...]
[Max]
"Excellent. With your 14 hour shift, I only need another 10 hours to cover Engineering, leaving 4 to 6 hours to take care of the passengers. We survive four days of that and the passengers will be unloaded and we get a break."
Closed Thread