Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
(Ummmm....... did you know they have "refurbished" body armor for sale? How desperate do you have to be to buy that? )]
Hey, the former owner never complained about it.

Hans
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
OOC: Awright....he blew it on a card game...with some scantily clad girl scouts who hustled him!!
As if having only Cr2,000 to his name wasn't bad enough, now he's down to 500.....and some decent hardware.

After sleeping for a luxurious 6 hours, Henry grabs a caff and orients himself to the ship's progress. He will check out that the new battery pack works with Vivian. He is going to start to suit up with Vivian, the new belt pacc (if it checks out), and a passenger vacc suit sans helmet before they clear Mac's and start heading towards the mines (unless there was some cloth armor; I forget how that discussion turned out, whether we had any). At any rate, he is going to treat the mine pickup as a potential high-order security problem. He's a little sketchy on who might be trying to grab what from whom, but he believes that anytime there is more than 1MCr on the table, there's more than enough for professionals to kill over and hire help to do it. He's going to coordinate with Gayne over security, so they can optimize their coverage of the pickup. He is also going to suggest to the Captain that anyone not directly involved in the transfer be packing iron and watching for things to go sideways from the safety of the hull.
Two Cloth flak-jackets in the Bridge locker. The belt-pak works fine, should provide energy storage for 65 shots w laser carbine.

Do you mean that he and Gayne are flying up ahead of the ship in the air-raft or Launch, or just that he is getting ready ahead of time for when the ship lands?

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City (0400 shiptime, 0900 local, 3731-08-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
she will comm Shrake about where to pick up some concealed body armor - fitted, preferably - as well as stuff you can throw on over your clothes. I want to know prices and capabilities, and whether I can get it in the next day or so.

[OOC: Cloth armor is only Cr250 in TSE/LBB1, and concealable stuff at RL TL8 (level IIIa) can be had for ~$300 (up to $1,000+), though some sites start at $500 for concealable. Stuff to put on over your clothing starts at ~$200 for level II.
As a matter of fact I was just discussing armor w Sabredog yesterday, and came to the conclusion to treat modern (TL 8) armor vest, flak jackets, and the like as Cloth-1. (Full Cloth according to Traveller is a coverall, presumably w hard ceramic plates at vulnerable spots; not concealable.)

So your TL 8 Cloth-1 vest or jacket would be Cr175, or for the concealable vest Cr300. These are all quite adjustable to fit; if you really want tailored, that will cost more and probably take at least a week. Full body armor like police SWAT or QRT would wear is treated as Combat-1, but would be harder to locate any for sale to civilians.

Shrake says there are several places in the City that sell them, and gives Donoma some names.

The drop-off at Mac's goes smoothly; the two units are still rigged w chains and straps from their removal and stowage, so all that's required is to hook them w ship's hoists, transfer to gantry to lower to ground level where Mac wants them, then send somebody down by air-raft to unhook everything and carry the rigging back to the ship to be put away in the Cargo Locker.

[OOC: didn't know who would be doing what, but rolled well enough that any of the people w Cargo skill could have done it w no mishaps.]

That took about 1 hour, so finished abt 0500 shiptime, 1000 local.

Now off to the Mining Complex???

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 10th, 2013 at 12:33 PM..
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Do you mean that he and Gayne are flying up ahead of the ship in the air-raft or Launch, or just that he is getting ready ahead of time for when the ship lands?
I think that his only point is that he intends to use the Vacc Suit as armor (if we don't have something better).

Quote:
Now off to the Mining Complex???
Max agrees.

He is wearing a vacc suit from the ship's engineering locker (one of the skills he does have) and carrying his pump action tactical shotgun (it and shotgun-0 are both souvenirs from his previous ship). Suit closed up if he is required for guard duty (for the helmet comm and sensors).

Max does as he is told during the cargo assignment.

He will keep a table stocked with coffee and sandwiches (including fresh baked rolls) if Max is not required for some other task.

Last edited by atpollard; September 10th, 2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma (0920l - while at Mac's)

Quote:
Shrake says there are several places in the City that sell them, and gives Donoma some names.
Donoma calls one of the places at the top of Shrake's list, and asks about a concealable female body vest (Level II, knife I, Spike I) for Cr300. She gives her measurements (quietly), then asks for it to be delivered to her at the Dresnik Mining Offices.

(She set the entire course - port to Mac's to mine - before launching from the spaceport. She monitors during flight.)

During the course of the flight, anyone encountering Donoma notices she is packing a large revolver in a shoulder holster.
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
The latter. He's going to use the vacc suit.

Moved rest to Character OOC.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."

Last edited by samuelvss; September 10th, 2013 at 02:51 PM..
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
Hey, the former owner never complained about it.

Hans
Yeah, a little duct tape and a quarter to cover the hole and its as good as new!

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
As a matter of fact I was just discussing armor w Sabredog yesterday, and came to the conclusion to treat modern (TL 8) armor vest, flak jackets, and the like as Cloth-1. (Full Cloth according to Traveller is a coverall, presumably w hard ceramic plates at vulnerable spots; not concealable.)
(OOC) The actual reasoning for the Cloth jumpsuits being full Cloth protection is just for the full Cloth covering. The addition of hard plates does take it closer to Combat and as I said, today's combat or SWAT heavy armor would be closer to Combat-1 since it includes the plates and reinforced layers of Cloth. There couldm however be pockets to add soft or hard plates to a Cloth jumpsuit (or Vacc Suit) that could boost it to Combat-1 as needed. I imagine the suits Belters use would be like that.

Flak jackets and vests offering partial coverage should be Cloth -1 as per LBB 4. Standard Cloth (the jumpsuit) would be Cloth. Heavier LE/military "combat" would be Combat -1.

In any case, that's the progression IMTU, and I'm only trying to help clarify something by providing an example. Nothing personal and your TU is your way.

OK, you can kill Hampton now.

Old September 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Hampton will be up by 0600 local, and get the ship ready for the move and cargo loading. He will fly her out to the mine after we drop the old drives off and collect our core deposit.

As soon as everyone is ready...."Traffic, Fortunate Son requesting clearance and corridor for local flight to ___________ and then a leg from there to ____________ for landing."

Old September 10th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Hampton will be up by 0600 local, and get the ship ready for the move and cargo loading. He will fly her out to the mine after we drop the old drives off and collect our core deposit.
Ummm, didn't you go with us to the mine? This is the same morning. Leaving the port about 0900L. Based on Spacebadger's info, we should get to the mine about 1000L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
As soon as everyone is ready...."Traffic, Fortunate Son requesting clearance and corridor for local flight to ___________ and then a leg from there to ____________ for landing."
And, the flight plan is already filed.

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; September 10th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Added rest of info
Closed Thread