Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Henry, you can take off with the air/raft as soon as you're ready to get that robot and other parts you need. Charge it the ship's account and be back as soon as you can. Maybe take Bruno with you if you need help at the scrapyard?"
"Roger, Cap'n. [More quietly as they start towards the ramp:] Alfred, have Bruno meet me with a selection of mechanical and electrical tools at the Air/Raft in 20 minutes, and call me in 10 minutes if he has any questions."

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Max waves to Gayne, who is guarding the entrance, as Max first arrives on the scene ... mostly just as a courtesy, but partly because Gayne makes Max a little nervous and Max doesn't want to be shot by accident.
Heh.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Quote:
Talking about the ship, Max is in his element and has temporarily lost all sense of nervousness. "She's a fast ship with plenty of room and long legs ... 91 hours from Jump to Surface."
Donoma chats amiably for a moment about the ship and what she can see (engineering-wise) from where she stands. (She has still not stepped up onto the deck of the ship.)

"This is the Fortunate Son, right? Where are you out of?"

After hearing Max's response, she asks a little more quietly, "Are you fully crewed?"
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Hampton finishes giving Henry his instructions, and arrives in time to overhear the last of Donoma and Max's conversation, "Well, since when is a ship like this one ever 'fully crewed' anyway? With ship this size there is always room for one more who is willing to help keep her running."

Smiling, Hampton extends his hand to shake Donoma's and introduces himself. "I see you've already met Max, our engineering miracle worker, why don't you come on board and we can show you the rest of the ship and we can talk over some of his famous pastries? If there are any left, that is."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma

She shakes the newcomer's hand, "Thank you. Donoma Lafitte."

(I'm assuming that came across as just Hampton will take me on the tour. If not, then she won't say anything to Max.)

Turning to Max, "I didn't mean to interrupt your miracle-working. It's very nice to meet you."

Turning back to Hampton, she says, "Lead on." She pauses. "You can tell the gimlet-eyed fellow over there that the worst attack he will likely face on this pad is an attack of boredom. But, it does pay to be prepared."

She follows him on a tour of the vessel, noting what he points out and doesn't point out, what appears to need work and what appears new. She appreciates the layout of the ship and the efforts made to make it comfortable.

[OOC: I will pause there until I know whether Max answered "Where are you out of?" before she tossed out her next question. If he didn't, and doesn't, then it will get asked again of Hampton.]
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Hampton leads Donoma through the engineerig spaces, the quarters and passenger areas, and finally into the bridge. He drops into the pilot's seat and motions to the navigatior's station, "Have a seat, Donoma, try it out for size. I saw your listing on the feed and I have to say I was impressed with your navigation credentials. What was your last ship?"

Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
[OOC: I will pause there until I know whether Max answered "Where are you out of?" before she tossed out her next question. If he didn't, and doesn't, then it will get asked again of Hampton.]
[OOC: Since you know the story as well as I do, I just assumed that Max answered it and was prepared to move on. If you need details, Max listed the last two stops followed by "and we're headed into 'The Deep'."]

Just as Max was about to answer her question about needing crew, the Captain walks up, introduces himself and takes over the conversation with Donoma. Max breathes a barely audible sigh of relief ... talking about hiring crew is above his pay grade.
Quote:
Turning to Max, "I didn't mean to interrupt your miracle-working. It's very nice to meet you."
"It was a pleasure to meet you, and good luck getting a position ... she's a good ship and crew. I leave you in the Captain's capable care, and I do have work to get back to."

Turning to the captain "If the muffins from breakfast are gone, there are some fresh peanut butter cookies cooling in the galley."

With that Max returns to work on the cargo bay door ...

Last edited by atpollard; August 23rd, 2013 at 02:15 PM..
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma

Quote:
[OOC: Since you know the story as well as I do, I just assumed that Max answered it and was prepared to move on. If you need details, Max listed the last two stops followed by "and we're headed into 'The Deep'."]
[OOC: OK, got it all straight now. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Have a seat, Donoma, try it out for size. I saw your listing on the feed and I have to say I was impressed with your navigation credentials. What was your last ship?"
Donoma sits. "The Mary Deare, out of Delphi, working the edge of The Deep and Daibei. I was First Officer there. The last few months were tense with a different owner, and I went to ground here. I could have made a better choice for where to do that, I could have made worse."

"Before we go any further, I want to mention that I know someone with a cargo they want to move off-planet. It's metals - lanthanum and possibly some others - and it's well over their contract quota with their regular shipper. My friend mentioned that metal prices are up right now. I'd be happy to put you in touch. I mention that now, because I told my friend I would see what I could do for her mining team, regardless of any arrangements we make."

Donoma shrugs. Then she opens her credentials wallet - a nice brown leather with an unusual pebbling on its surface - and hands her data card to Hampton.

"My ratings are on there, with the appropriate endorsements. But, in short, I can handle just about anything on the ship if the need really arises." She smiles. "Though I technically shouldn't be flying the ship on my own. Outside the usual certs, I can drive and fly various vehicles and ship's small craft, and I do my own work on my bike."

"I also have some other contacts here on Devonia with respect to cargo, as well as some knowledge of this edge of The Deep. That is, if you're interested."

[OOC: If Hampton looks back that far, the data card contains two revoked certs - "malfeasance" - from about 12 years ago, one renewed at Apprentice (Steward-0) and one currently at Journeyman (Engineering-1).]
Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:06 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
[OOC: If Hampton looks back that far, the data card contains two revoked certs - "malfeasance" - from about 12 years ago, one renewed at Apprentice (Steward-0) and one currently at Journeyman (Engineering-1).]
[OOC: I hope I get to hear the story someday how someone gets both Engineering and Steward certification revoked. Max for professional reasons ... no matter what, don't do THAT. Arthur just out of curiosity ... sounds like a heck of a party. ]
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

"Huh, I'm among the last to pass judgement on someone who working out here given my own lightly checkered past, but I just have to ask - how mal was the feasance? If you killed anyone who needed it I'm ok with that so long as you intended it to work out that way and didn't just blow up the ship on accident, but before I was to turn you loose on my boat I'd like to know I can trust you."

Closed Thread