Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old June 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
Default Prometheus

I haven't been around a lot lately. Well, actually, I haven't been around at all, except for one or two here-and-there's. But, I saw something so cool, I had to share it with you guys.

In many ways, the Alien universe mirrors the Traveller universe--the classical Traveller universe, that is. Low berths. Slug throwers. Megacorps. Colonial Marines. Battledress. And, now, with Prometheus, the Ancients. There's a lot of over lap. In fact, Traveller can be, and has been, used as a rules system for games set in the universe of the Alien movies.

Well, now Prometheus is out. I was so stoked for this film that you could tie a flag on me wee-wee and let it flutter in the breeze. I saw it...and, I was disappointed. I liked it...OK. But, it didn't give me what I wanted and expected.

And, I felt like the film was trying to be more of a sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey than a prequel to Alien.

Well, it turns out that the film really is quite deep. Most of what I'm about to lead you to flew right over my head (and I'm sometimes real good at seeing symbolism and deep meanings in films). But, I totally missed the ball on this one.

Take a gander at this web page: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

Even if you don't agree, there's lots provided there to fire up your grey matter, leading to long, all-night discussions. It's cool stuff.

BUT DON'T READ UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN THE FILM!

S4

EDIT: Just thiking out loud, I took the planet where the film takes place, LV 223, and I thought....I'd see what Leviticus 22:3 says....

22:3 Say unto them, Whosoever he be of all your seed among your generations, that goeth unto the holy things, which the children of Israel hallow unto the LORD, having his uncleanness upon him, that soul shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.

Hmm...interesting. Goes with the film.

Last edited by Supplement Four; June 10th, 2012 at 11:06 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.