Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old February 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Agemegos Citizen
Default High fluff:crunch ratio for the 3rd Imperium

I already have all the crunch I need. I have SF weapons and armour tables in ForeSight, Star Hero, GURPS Traveller, two editions of GURPS Ultratech and in GURPS Space 3rd edition. I have planet generation systems in ForeSight, Star Hero, GURPS Traveller First In, and two editions of GURPS Space. I have spaceship design and combat rules in ForeSight, Star Hero, GURPS Traveller, GURPS Space 3rd edition and GURPS Spaceships. All the crunch I need, I have at least five quantities of. So naturally, when I am looking for Traveller sources I prefer titles with the most possible background material for my buck. Crunch is of very little value to me.

What published Traveller materials are good sources of information about the Third Imperium without being padded with rules mechanics, example stats etc.?
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 1
Merxiless Citizen

Megatraveller Imperial Encyclopedia comes to mind.
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Foxroe Citizen

Spinward Marches Campaign - Even if you don't use the UWP data, there's plenty of peanut butter n' fluff.

Supplement 8 & 11 (Library Data) - Alphabetized fluff, plus other information (but I think a lot of this material is in MT's Imperial Encyclopedia as well).

-Fox
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:25 AM

zonk Citizen

It's been a long (looong) time since I read it but what about The Traveller Adventure? Or any of the adventures? They don't contain rules (except as pertains to the adventure) and have loads of background. (OK, maybe not loads, but what do you expect in a $5 book? At least that's what they cost me back then...) Were there any other campaign books? Spinward Marches has been mentioned... depending on how heretical you are there are the GURPs books, Behind the Claw, Rim of Fire. If you are doing post virus then the stuff from Avenger and all the TNE adventures, if you are not there is the Gateway to Destiny campaign from QLI (you can support Hunter our host...)

Actually I'd say there is more fluff (LOADS o' fluff) than crunch in Traveller. Buy the JTAS CD from Marc, everything on it is fluff (mostly), adventures, planets, hooks, information, Tarsus, Avenger's Spinward/Bowman stuff.

Sorry, rambling. Most concentrated fluff.

Behind the Claw
Rim of Fire
Gateway to Destiny
Spinward Marches Campaign
Traveller Adventure
New Era Bearers of the Flame
New Era Out of Darkness
New Era Guilded Lily (3? already a fourth coming?)
Tarsus
Avengers Spinward Marches stuff
JTAS CD

Considering your 'crunch' I'd say anything from GURPs, Avenger,
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

The GURPS stuff is very...erm...fluffy...
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:19 PM

zonk Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton View Post
The GURPS stuff is very...erm...fluffy...
Isn't that what he requested? High fluff content?

I am to please!
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Maladominus Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxroe View Post
Spinward Marches Campaign - Even if you don't use the UWP data, there's plenty of peanut butter n' fluff.

Supplement 8 & 11 (Library Data) - Alphabetized fluff, plus other information (but I think a lot of this material is in MT's Imperial Encyclopedia as well).

What he said.