Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > GURPS Traveller

GURPS Traveller A forum for discussing GURPS Traveller from Steve Jackson Games

Old February 8th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Horatius Citizen
Exclamation

OK. I know this isn't Gurps traveller, but there really isn't a place for this.

Over the years, I took the Cyberpunk engine (R. Talsorian, d10+stat+skill lvl) and tweaked it out for the traveller universe. It runs pretty smoothly. I can keep all the materials from G:T, and only have to make occasional changes to the mechanics. Anyone else tried this?
Old February 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

ACK!! Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Horatius:
OK. I know this isn't Gurps traveller, but there really isn't a place for this.

Over the years, I took the Cyberpunk engine (R. Talsorian, d10+stat+skill lvl) and tweaked it out for the traveller universe. It runs pretty smoothly. I can keep all the materials from G:T, and only have to make occasional changes to the mechanics. Anyone else tried this?
I looked at the Fuzion documents and actually came away pretty impressed. Adjust the system for 2D6 as opposed to d10 and you got a winner.

Actually I still find the MT or DGP system to be the best for my money.

Of course I started with Megatraveller and still use the Task, chargen and most of the role-play based rules.

The fuzion stuff is not a bad rule set at all.

I hear that the Dream Pod Core Rules are not bad.
At midnight all the agents<br />And the superhuman crew<br />Go out and round up everyone<br />That knows more than they do.<br /><br /><br />\'Desolation Row\' Bob Dylan<br /><br />IMTU code: tc+ tm++ t5+ ge- 3i he+
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

kaladorn Citizen
I have 1st gen CP. I liked some things about it (the nastiness of FNFF as a combat system, etc) but some things in the combat system were pretty broken. Cyberpsychosis was fun! But I didn't like how much you 'dodged' bullets (Shades of the Matrix! or Bullet Time from Max Payne!). Nor did I like the over-lethality of a couple of weapon systems (7.62 AR comes to mind).

Still, the first module (forget the name, but it involved a biotech company and an orbital habitat) was utterly fantastic - one of the best modules I've seen for any game anywhere.

Would make for an interesting rules system to run Earth or Core or some other real high tech urban dystopia (note, I do put anyplace under Vilani administration with Solomani influences in the dystopia category).

If you have particular conversions, you should probably try to get them up on the web. Someone would be interested, I'm sure.
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:28 AM

kaladorn Citizen
I have 1st gen CP. I liked some things about it (the nastiness of FNFF as a combat system, etc) but some things in the combat system were pretty broken. Cyberpsychosis was fun! But I didn't like how much you 'dodged' bullets (Shades of the Matrix! or Bullet Time from Max Payne!). Nor did I like the over-lethality of a couple of weapon systems (7.62 AR comes to mind).

Still, the first module (forget the name, but it involved a biotech company and an orbital habitat) was utterly fantastic - one of the best modules I've seen for any game anywhere.

Would make for an interesting rules system to run Earth or Core or some other real high tech urban dystopia (note, I do put anyplace under Vilani administration with Solomani influences in the dystopia category).

If you have particular conversions, you should probably try to get them up on the web. Someone would be interested, I'm sure.
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:43 AM

clementk Citizen
The system in Cyberpunk is now known as the Interlock system since it's used in a few other games.

Fuzion is bits of Interlock mixed with bits of Hero / Champions and stirred together. YMMV heavily on the end result 'tho the latest pdf version I've seen looks better than what I have in my Armored Tropper Votoms book. It's also free. Fuzion supports plug-ins and the likes for rules so it shouldn't be too bad to make a "Traveller" plug-in or adapt one/several high-tech plug-ins out there.

http://www.thefuze.com/ is a good starting point

A similar free system derived from Fuzion is Action! . http://www.action-system.com/

As for staying with Interlock itself, I would recommend you take a look at Mekton Z (or Zeta), Mekton Z's advanced construction book, and Cyberpunk's Maximum Metal and space books. That should give you a good start on ships and higher tech items.

Mekton uses basically the same system as CP and the Mekton Z construction book and I think Maximum Metal have conversion rules between the two games.

Casey