Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default Doc Freeman

Doc makes his way back down to the crew lounge for a cup of coffee, then stops by his quarters to grab a pint of hard cider. As he is sipping his coffee he returns to the sick bay.

Once there he sends a reminder to Kalos, to check for any robot or medical parts stores.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Devonia City, Early Afternoon (Ship 0900, 3731-08-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
"I'll take it with me. I want to run all the way back in to town, anyway."
Donoma puts the receipt away in her inner jacket pocket.

"How are things going out here, lately? I haven't seen you in town for the last week or so."
"Oh, been busy as hockey-sticks out here! They hit a fat seam last week and been working shifts around the clock. Good lanthamax ore, mixed lanthanum with some really pure rare metals. Running out of storage for the refined ingots and bars, so now on top of keeping this place running I'm supposed to find us secure storage in the City, and with stuff this rich I'll have to hire guards 247... Anyway, I sure hope we get a reliable ship in soon so we can sell this stuff and maybe all get some bonus money!"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 17th, 2013 at 06:05 PM..
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:12 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

"You might be in luck. There's a ship inbound now - about three and a half days out or so. It's the Fortunate Son, 500-tonner coming in from Ostia. They haven't posted their manifest, yet, and their cargo investigation requests are the standard 'oh, we don't want to spook the market' stuff, so we'll have to wait and see.

"I'm hoping to shake the dust of this planet from my feet and get a position onboard her. But, I'll have to wait and see, too - whether they're a crew worth giving up my life of high-living here for!" Donoma laughs.

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; August 16th, 2013 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: forgot to color dialog
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:24 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Wallis looks hopeful. "That would be a big load off my plate if it works out. Do you know this ship, or could you talk w them? I'm never comfortable with that part, and it would be nice to avoid having to pay broker's fees to find a buyer. At least you know all of that spacer lingo and what terms need to be covered and all."

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 17th, 2013 at 06:05 PM..
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:33 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Just an update on timing:

Fortunate Son emerged from Jump at 0403 on 9 Aug 3731.

Following initial course set for the GG Peytonia, with EVA work to clean the scoop filters, followed by course change to Devonia, followed by request for Library Data update and sale/purchase/offer price histories from the port, it is now about 0900 that same day.

Pending scenes are:
- Hampton talking with David Verchanski
- Kalos studying his new trade data and making report to the Captain
- Max working out supervision schedule for watching the M Drive boards for possible failures en route to Devonia

Fortunate Son has been on course for Devonia at 3 G since 0715, so ETA at Devonia orbit is 0215 on 13 Aug 3731.

Meanwhile, on Devonia, the planetary day cycle does not match the standard Terran calendar or ship's time kept aboard Fortunate Son, and Donoma has already gotten a good start on her day doing courier runs.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma

"I wish I had the talent for that. You might be better off paying the broker's fees. But, I'll see what I can do. Well, I'll check out the crew first, then I'll see what I can do. These guys might be not much above the level of Reavers. They might be morons, one jump short of losing themselves in jump space. But, sure, I'll see what I can do, hun. Do you know what sort of volume you're looking to move?"

[Any ensuing information on the load of metals]

Donoma chats with Wallis for a few minutes about her life and some of the folks on the crew, before returning to the courier office and handing in the receipt.
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
[Any ensuing information on the load of metals]
"See, we have a contract with a dealer at Nexus for up to 10 tons per month of Lanthanum - I'm talking starship volume, not mass, because that's the way it is in the contract - which is more than we usually produce. They usually send a buyer about once every six or eight weeks to come pick up what we have, and will pick up whatever other good stuff we've refined out as well. All of our usual production will fit in our secure storage that holds 15 tons."

"Two problems with this big vein we've hit. Ha!!! I say problems, but these are the kinds of problems we could use a lot more of! Anyway, one is that we have already filled up our storage with 10 tons of Lanthanum and five tons of other metals. Everything else we are producing is being piled up in odd nooks and crannies and one shaft we aren't currently working. Second problem is that Boss has been checking, and market prices on Lanthanum have gotten a lot better than the contract price, so we could make more by selling the stuff ourselves."

"Boss really wants to move all of it beyond what our contract requires, either to some other secure storage down at the starport, or better yet by ship to market to be sold. Plus, even though he is intending to stick by the contract and hold out the required amount of Lanthanum, he'd rather not have to argue with the company man about all of the extra we have produced; he wants it out of the way before that guy shows up."

"So anyway, please let me know what you find out about this ship coming in, and I guess I'd better get back to finding ways to move and store all of this metal, and some reliable guys to guard it for us."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 17th, 2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma

Donoma heads back to town and delivers the receipt to Maxwell. On the way, she ponders Wallis' 'problem'.

"You have any other work for me, today, Maxwell? If not, I might fly out and see if I can haul in something for dinner trade at the Ornery Oyster tonight."
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Devonia City, Early Afternoon (Ship 0930, 3731-08-09)

Quote:
Donoma heads back to town and delivers the receipt to Maxwell. On the way, she ponders Wallis' 'problem'.

"You have any other work for me, today, Maxwell? If not, I might fly out and see if I can haul in something for dinner trade at the Ornery Oyster tonight."
"Nope, nothing more today. I'll comm you if/when I have anything for you. Hey, bring me a nice rainbow wiggler if you catch any, my wife would love some for dinner tonight!"

EDIT: [OOC: Are you figuring she can fish from her bike, or do you mean fly out to the harbor and work off a boat?]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen

[OOC: Does our ship have a shooting range onboard? Just curious.]
Closed Thread