Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old January 12th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 0
Willie Dewitt Citizen
Default Music for Classic Trav Space Journeys

I've always loved music in the background for my games, the more appropriate the better. For Traveller, planetary adventures could call for many different kinds of music. Maybe you'd play generic pop or rock in a bar (anything recognizable, like The Stones or Katie Perry might take players out of the moment...so Asian pop or rock could be the ticket), or lesser known classical numbers for a rich persons house or party.

But for outer space travel I want to make my own special mix, and much of it could be recognizable orchestrated tunes from big movies. A couple of numbers I thought really capture the loneliness, if not the outright subtle dangers of deep space, were the main theme from Alien, and also the main theme from Prometheus. They really inspire me. I'd like to make a special mix CD with those two themes, plus others, to pop into the player when on a ship. Not battle music, just sort of "downtime" exploration and travel music.

Do you have any pieces from other Sci Fi films, or from anything for that matter, that might inspire deep thoughts and fears of the vasty nothingness?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.