Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
Yavin_Prime Citizen

Hey guys so what's the status on the next issue of Challenge?
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

TWILIGHT Citizen

Hi Yavin_Prime,

I'm currently going over the submissions (we could use more!) and sending them off to the relevant setting experts. The frame of the issue is set out and we have lots of art (we need more!).

I can't say much at the moment but I can say that we're having 3D modeling side by side to illustrations in this issue. (you REALLY need to see some of it. Extraordinary.)

Will keep you guys posted once the issue starts to solidify. It's a lengthy process as we all have other commitments and we have a desperate urge to get it not only right, but looking good for the readership.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-4

GunnyJohnson Citizen
Default Still seeking submissions?

Somehow I missed this thread entirely...apologies

I have been working on an article adapting Azhanti High Lightning for outdoor adventures. Would this be of interest? Have the deadline for all submissions closed utterly?

Thanks in either case

"Gunny Johnson"
travellermerc.wordpress.com
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM

TWILIGHT Citizen

When you say outdoor adventures.... how do you mean Gunny? (..and it's not too late as we can include it in forthcoming issues if needs be)
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM

GunnyJohnson Citizen

Thanks for the quick reply -- glad I left my window open.

I am an AHL fan and have adapted it for play outside of starships per se. I have played it in urban and underground settings where the squared off grid doesn't pose much of a problem.

Playing AHL in a more open environment (or one with vehicles) makes the square grid not as useful. We've been testing using 1.5" hex maps with 15mm figures for jungle and other outdoor environments. I've found the very small adaptations we've made provide a very quick playing skirmish level game that preserves the feel of the original and yet improves it.

I thought I would share what we've learned. I could write more but that might have to wait until this evening...

"Gunny Johnson"
Travellermerc.wordpress.com
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM

TWILIGHT Citizen

hi again Gunny,

I'm interested in hearing more but as to inclusion in the magazine we'll have to look at it. AHL isn't a product that's widely available sadly and is currently only on a cd-rom from FFE. If we can look at ways that figures can be utilised from other sources etc then all the better.

While AHL is no doubt much loved, we can't devote 'x' amount of pages to a product that isn't likely to be on many peoples shelves. That reduces the audience for the article, and by extension to the magazine, and may lead to part of the readership going "nah."

If there's a way we can bring in an 'AHL lite' within the magazine to power it then cool (although 'rules-lite' was never GDW's forte!)

Steff.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM

GunnyJohnson Citizen

I'll write a bit more this evening and see if we are barking up the same tree. AHL was not well marketed or packaged and actually is a very fine game that is underused. I understand your concerns, let's see what we could come up with.

"Gunny Johnson"
Travellermerc.wordpress.com
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Princedarkstorm Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Princedarkstorm

What are you looking for in ? Races or anything in general ?
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM

TWILIGHT Citizen

Anything really... we're quite low on submissions and we've all been getting on with other rpg projects because of it.

We don't need anymore 'lonely space station need investigation' scenarios though

We need writers of RPG features and scenarios and, to a lesser degree,fiction.

ANY popular sci-fi rpg setting is acceptable including but not limited to:

2300AD
Space:1889
Traveller (any milieu)
Twilight:2000
Cthulhu Rising
Dark Conspiracy
Shadowrun
Dr Who: Adventures in space & time
Eclipse Phase
(or any other popular games)

If it's popular, available in print or PDF, and sci-fi we're interested.

We also need artists (layout artworkers, illustrators, designers, & cartographers) and a sub-editor.

Basically, if you think you have something to offer for this commemorative issue then get in touch here: info(at)twilightarts.co.uk with your title/submission type/name in the subject bar.

Steff

Last edited by TWILIGHT; August 1st, 2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Marquis

Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILIGHT View Post
Anything really... we're quite low on submissions and we've all been getting on with other rpg projects because of it.

ANY popular sci-fi rpg setting is acceptable including but not limited to:

(or any other popular games)

If it's popular, available in print or PDF, and sci-fi we're interested.
How do you define 'popular'? The reason I ask is because I recently found a SF RPG... well, I suppose that's the best way to describe it ... that is totally unlike anything I've ever encountered, and while after giving it a read, it's not suitable for an 'Other People's Toys' in Freelance Traveller, it's probably worth writing a review/overview of, just because it's so different. I can't claim it's 'popular'; until I encountered it on the shelf in the store, I'd never heard of it... so would this be grist for the ReChallenge mill?
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)