Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:13 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
cuTTer Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemjw View Post
Even if they do turn up, it's the last business I shall be sending in his direction.
You may wish to peruse

http://dontfundkenwhitman.blogspot.co.uk/

on the way to your attorney.
Old September 4th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

zemjw Citizen

I'd seen the Hack and Slash post about Ken, sadly after I'd declined the paypal refund I hadn't realised there was a whole website devoted to him.

As someone who watched from the sidelines as the Defiance Games Kickstarter died its inevitable death, I thought I was reasonably up to date on the bad people in the hobby. Sadly not.

It's doubly annoying as I avoid nearly all Kickstarters for these very reasons. I didn't even back this one during the Kickstarter, jumping in only at the start of this year. The lure of spaceships was too much, and next time I shall listen to my inner doubt - or at least do a web search on the person behind the project before shelling out any cash.
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM

Mako Citizen

I've tried contacting him once again about my ship order, via e-mail, so we'll see.

I never received any response to my previous inquiry, a couple of months ago.

Here's a posting he's made recently on the subject, in another area of CotI:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...d=1#post516537
Old September 13th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Marquis de Sharkbait

Meteoric Assault Citizen+Meteoric Assault Citizen+

This is sad to hear I was excited to make a purchase.
Old September 14th, 2015, 04:33 AM

Mako Citizen

Yep, for me as well, since I'm interested in some of the other resin miniatures to be produced, but will not be placing any other orders until I receive the first one, and get a more realistic estimate of when they might ship.

When I ordered three months ago, I did so based upon the information posted on the website that these were available, and "shipping".

Clearly, that isn't the case.
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:08 AM
Marquis de Sharkbait

Meteoric Assault Citizen+Meteoric Assault Citizen+

Given the nature of the allegations. I am really upset lack of integrity surrounding the issue.

So I am going to channel the disappointment and make my own models. I will let you know how it works out.... at least I will have traveller Xmas ornaments in the end.
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:54 PM

Mako Citizen

I wish you luck on your project, and look forward to seeing more updates on that.

I've inquired with Ken again today, on this forum, in another section (lower down), where he posted that they were "shipping", instead of replying to people about that on the thread here. I've had to resort to that, since he won't reply to my e-mail inquiries directly.

I ordered and paid for the three-vessel, unpainted set, since they were listed as "shipping" on the D20 website back in mid-June.

Clearly, apparently that is incorrect, since I can't imagine it would take 3.5+ months to pack and mail three little resin spaceships.

He's posted pics of them on-line here, saying they're available for sale, so it appears availability isn't really the issue, at least not anymore.

I suspect, from some of the other messages I've seen on the prepainted ships, that others have been waiting a lot longer than I have for delivery, so you have my sympathy as well.

Hopefully, he'll get his act together and ship what he has out to people that have paid for their merchandise in advance, or at least send out a reply note and apology, identifying realistic dates for when orders will be fulfilled.

I'm going to give it a few more days, to see if anything changes, but I don't have high hopes.

I'll post an update if things change.

Have any of you received ships you've ordered in the past three months, or so?