Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Play by Post - OOC

Play by Post - OOC For Out of Character (OOC) discussion of the in-character threads.

Old February 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Matt123's Blog
Matt123 Citizen+Matt123 Citizen+
Default Garnish Corporation - T4 PE

Not sure where to put this. I'm dabling with Pocket Empires and am having a go at Empire building. Its a solo game with no real plans to expand it beyond that, so technically its not PbP.

But, I thought others might find it of interest & throw some interesting insights my way. If I pose rhetorical questions or you feel the need to represent a sub-comittee, minority group or foriegn Empire, feel free to throw your 2 RU's in.

There are also one or two holes in the rules, having said that tho', I'm erring on blaming my lack of familiarity with the rules at this stage. Some are pretty extraordinary tho'.

In a nutshell tho' I really like the concept & the rules. As a 5th or 6th draft ready for playtesting and severe editing (I reckon I could reduce the rules text by at least a third, likely half), I think its pretty neat and it pushes all my buttons.

I'm now very much reqretting that I was put off T4 after I purchased the core rulebook & a starship book full of deckplans (not what I expected...).

This post may be edited regularly. If this solo game goes on for a while, I'll add eratta and perhaps an Empire progress report as I go. We'll see, I may give up after a turn or two!

Cheers!
Matt

Summary to date...
Highlights
Year 5, Garnish Corporation gained control of Lelidi-1616

Important Garnish Corporation Statistics (Year 0), (Year 10)
Worlds (0), (1)
Population (829), (19,817)
Prestige (1), (2)
GWP (0.0000106), (0.0002659)

Last edited by Matt123; February 22nd, 2010 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: always changing

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.