Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller Wargames

Traveller Wargames Discussion of the various Traveller wargames and miniatures systems.

Old February 9th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
Djct Citizen
Default Striker 2 melee question

Hi all

In the TNE thread you can read a play report of playing through the TNE adventure "Early Fallen". We are having a good time.

As an experiment I used the Striker 2 rules to stage a battle which included some melee only cavalry. I only played one session with Striker 2 back in the day but it worked pretty well for us - though low morale destroyed whole companies quickly.

One question had to be house ruled and I have been unable to find the rule in the book subsequently. It is : who can fire on charging units? We ruled that this could only be those who qualified for opportunity fire, as movement has occurred in the other fire phases and the charging unit is then in contact and therefore you would be firing into a brawl with no way to differentiate enemy from friend.

This worked fine for us, but I wonder if I have missed a rule or misinterpreted the definition of fire phases.

In summary, I know it is not flavour of the month, but abstracting from TNE to Striker 2 was easy for my group to dal with, and it still retained the feel I wanted.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.