Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:22 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
This is one of those games that has always appealed to me. I just freakin' love the universe.

It's got that Aliens vibe. I can see a group of Colonial Marines rushin' in and having a bad day. "Game over, dude! Game over!"

It's a little more "lower tech" feeling than Classic Traveller. Where Traveller has more of a space opera feel with a hard science bent, the 2300 universe has got that real militaristic, bug hunt, men-goin'-in rush.

So, why have I never played it? I've never run it. I've never played in a game where a GM was running it. All I've done is read it.

I guess CT is at fault. I get in the mood for a space game, it's usually either Star Wars or Classic Trav.

I'm not a fan of the d20 system, so that's a turn-off too. If I played, I'd probably use the original mechanics system.

These days, I don't have time to devote to more than one game.

But, I'm going to have to make a note to myself. Next time I try to start a new campaign, I need to give the 2300 universe a try.

Plop in Alien. Plop in Aliens. Plop in Blade Runner. Plop in Outland. Watch 'em all. Get sugared up on Coca-Cola. And give old 2300 a try.

It sure looks like a deserving universe.

S4
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:24 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

TWILIGHT Citizen
I'm not familiar with the D/T20 rule set so I've been using Twilight2000v1 as a rule set. It works brilliantly. IMHO.
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM

GJD Citizen
I've been using Fuzion. The rules use 0-10 for skills, so I kept all the careers more or less the same, and just gave them equal points to buy perks and talents each turning point, allowing them to add 1 complication per term. I'll probably have a whack at converting some of the weapons over, but for the time bing I just used generic equivalents - heavy pistol for a P-11, assault rifle for AS-89 etc...

G.
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

siefertma2 Citizen
Send a message via AIM to siefertma2
I don't have a problem with D20. It's a popular system so the chances of me finding players is pretty good. However, I find the idea of a Fuzion 2320 AD intriguing.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM

GJD Citizen
I set the points levels low, for a gritty, realistic game (45 points I think).

I'll use the racial creation rules from Shards of Stone to whip up templates for the aliens, or maybe take a look at Atomik Alienz.

I have the G^3 Fuzion plug-in as well, to re-create the weapons.

The next biggie is vehicles, which I'll probably have a bash at using Mekton Zeta, adjusting the space efficency rules to make weapons less efficent (they're farrrr to compact in MZ) and upping the "waste space" requirements.

G.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
GJD: just a query...

Fuzion isn't a system, per se, but a series of systems built from a hybrid of RTG's interlock (which is 1-10 based) and Hero Games's Hero System, which isn't...

Some Fuzion systems are more towards the Hero system's side (Sengokyu comes immediately to mind)... which Fusion system have you based off of?

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:00 AM

GJD Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Aramis:
GJD: just a query...

Fuzion isn't a system, per se, but a series of systems built from a hybrid of RTG's interlock (which is 1-10 based) and Hero Games's Hero System, which isn't...

Some Fuzion systems are more towards the Hero system's side (Sengokyu comes immediately to mind)... which Fusion system have you based off of?
Fuzion did indeed evolve from Interlock and Hero system, through Bubblegum Crisis and Champions - where much of the tweaking was done - but there is a core fuzion system. The core rulebook was published a little while ago, and the core rules are available to download from a variety of places.

I'm using the core rules, with a few add-ins from the version presented in Lightspeed ('cos I write for that).

G.

Core Fuzion
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Colin's Blog
Colin Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by GJD:
(snip)
I'm using the core rules, with a few add-ins from the version presented in Lightspeed ('cos I write for that).

Me too. (Planets of the Interstellar Era)
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:37 AM

GJD Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Colin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJD:
(snip)

Me too. (Planets of the Interstellar Era) </font>[/QUOTE]Cargo Manifest and bits in Old Earth Empires [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:47 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
GJD: That looks a lot more like the interlock side than say, sengokyu does. Lot fewer options and a lot more Rules in the new versions of Fuzion core.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.