Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > In My 2300 Universe

In My 2300 Universe Discussion of non-canon ideas for use in your 2300 Universe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
jcmenal's Avatar
jcmenal jcmenal is offline
Citizen: SOC-7
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mexicali
Posts: 28
Gallery : 0
jcmenal Citizen
Send a message via MSN to jcmenal Send a message via Yahoo to jcmenal
Default Orionis cluster

According to the INAP article (Challenge Magazine #34), the INAP nations planned to explore the AC+12 1800-213 (Ross 47) and DM-21 1051 (Donner 91) systems, hoping to open up a new area of the galaxy for exploration and colonization, namely the Orionis cluster.

The previous surveys show 6 promising stars in 4 systems, all reachable without using stutterwarp tug technology. All starts from AC+12 1800-213, a system surveyed by the INAP, however, the closest colonial world is Austin's World, 1 system away; the Brazilian outpost on DM-21 1377 and Ross 614 are just 2 systems away; Montana also is just 2 systems away, but Argentineans and Mexicans must pass thru DM-3 1123, letting know their activities to the Texans; The Brazilians can avoid to pass thru Austin's World and use the LP-658-2 system.

While the direct link with DM-21 1051 doesn't exist, a direct link between AC+12 1800-213 and Pi3 Orionis does, via LP 476-207 (Steph 538) without tugs. Pi3 Orionis, an F type star, links directly with DM-5 1123, a K type star, this star links with via 2 stars with DM-21 1051, which connects with Gamma Leporis, a binary system with F and K type stars. Back to Pi3 Orionis, it connects via GJ 1087 with Chi1 Orionis, a binary system with G and M type stars.

Imagine the race between Argentina-Mexico and Brazil-Texas for those probably habitable worlds, or even a new alien race in one of those 4 systems, not counting the M type stars systems.

thoughts?

JC (INAP Agent)
__________________
JC Mena
INAP is the only hope, the space is crowded with Bad Guys:
Pirates, Americans, Brazilians, French, British and Texans.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Murph Murph is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,061
Gallery : 0
Murph Citizen
Default

Interesting. The idea of a space race between Brazil-Texas and Argentina-Mexico. I like the idea. It has the potential for all sorts of really good adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmenal View Post
According to the INAP article (Challenge Magazine #34), the INAP nations planned to explore the AC+12 1800-213 (Ross 47) and DM-21 1051 (Donner 91) systems, hoping to open up a new area of the galaxy for exploration and colonization, namely the Orionis cluster.

The previous surveys show 6 promising stars in 4 systems, all reachable without using stutterwarp tug technology. All starts from AC+12 1800-213, a system surveyed by the INAP, however, the closest colonial world is Austin's World, 1 system away; the Brazilian outpost on DM-21 1377 and Ross 614 are just 2 systems away; Montana also is just 2 systems away, but Argentineans and Mexicans must pass thru DM-3 1123, letting know their activities to the Texans; The Brazilians can avoid to pass thru Austin's World and use the LP-658-2 system.

While the direct link with DM-21 1051 doesn't exist, a direct link between AC+12 1800-213 and Pi3 Orionis does, via LP 476-207 (Steph 538) without tugs. Pi3 Orionis, an F type star, links directly with DM-5 1123, a K type star, this star links with via 2 stars with DM-21 1051, which connects with Gamma Leporis, a binary system with F and K type stars. Back to Pi3 Orionis, it connects via GJ 1087 with Chi1 Orionis, a binary system with G and M type stars.

Imagine the race between Argentina-Mexico and Brazil-Texas for those probably habitable worlds, or even a new alien race in one of those 4 systems, not counting the M type stars systems.

thoughts?

JC (INAP Agent)
__________________
If you are going to take a stand, be prepared to stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
rfmcdpei rfmcdpei is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 242
Gallery : 0
rfmcdpei Citizen
Send a message via AIM to rfmcdpei
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmenal View Post
According to the INAP article (Challenge Magazine #34), the INAP nations planned to explore the AC+12 1800-213 (Ross 47) and DM-21 1051 (Donner 91) systems, hoping to open up a new area of the galaxy for exploration and colonization, namely the Orionis cluster.

[. . .]

Imagine the race between Argentina-Mexico and Brazil-Texas for those probably habitable worlds, or even a new alien race in one of those 4 systems, not counting the M type stars systems.
I do like. This would be one way to boost the Latin Americans' profile.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Murph Murph is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,061
Gallery : 0
Murph Citizen
Default

I see Texas-Brazil as natural allies in the race for space. I see a technology transfer between Texas and Brazil as seen in some of the later articles especially the Vehicle guide regarding the sale of AC-12's license built in Brazil. I also see the Brazillian economy as larger than that of Texas to some exent, and with the natural competition between Argentina and Brazil, it makes complete sense.
__________________
If you are going to take a stand, be prepared to stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Murph Murph is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,061
Gallery : 0
Murph Citizen
Default

Bump, I think this deserves better discussion.
__________________
If you are going to take a stand, be prepared to stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM
rfmcdpei rfmcdpei is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 242
Gallery : 0
rfmcdpei Citizen
Send a message via AIM to rfmcdpei
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I see Texas-Brazil as natural allies in the race for space. I see a technology transfer between Texas and Brazil as seen in some of the later articles especially the Vehicle guide regarding the sale of AC-12's license built in Brazil. I also see the Brazillian economy as larger than that of Texas to some exent, and with the natural competition between Argentina and Brazil, it makes complete sense.
Agreed. I think the balance is such that Texas is much weaker than Brazil--Terran Brazil alone has ~400M people, and Provincia do Brasil another ~100M, both components being highly industrialized. Texas is the most viable candidate for a proxy ally I can think of.

Where would the US fit into this? American friendliness towards the non-friends of its Mexican non-friend/enemy makes sense, though not full-fledged alliance or anything like that (other priorities). Perhaps American support?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Murph Murph is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,061
Gallery : 0
Murph Citizen
Default

Brazil is certainly the powerhouse of the South, and should be able to have multiple colonies, much like the UK, or Germany.
__________________
If you are going to take a stand, be prepared to stand alone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
LiNeNoiSe's Avatar
LiNeNoiSe LiNeNoiSe is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 255
Gallery : 0
LiNeNoiSe Citizen
Default Pi3 Orionis

SPI's Universe had an adventure based in the Pi3 Orionis system. Should be easy to adapt to 2300.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
77topaz's Avatar
77topaz 77topaz is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,278
Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen
Default

I have my own Orion OB1 Association setting...
*sees forum name* Oh! This is 2320... well, I don't have much experience in this setting, but it could be converted (it's OTU. I'm not sure what the connection between Traveller and 2320 is, but they are both in this galaxy).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:03 AM
aramis's Avatar
aramis aramis is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Anchorage, AK, USofA
Posts: 29,463
Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
I have my own Orion OB1 Association setting...
*sees forum name* Oh! This is 2320... well, I don't have much experience in this setting, but it could be converted (it's OTU. I'm not sure what the connection between Traveller and 2320 is, but they are both in this galaxy).
They are connected only in being designed by the same people, and an unfortunate Labeling of 2300's 1st edition as "Traveller:2300" because GDW didn't realize people associated the Traveller name with the setting more strongly than with the rules.

2320 was a port of the 2300 setting to the T20 rules.
__________________
~ Aramis
aramis.hostman.us /trav
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know where the Malix Cluster is? Morte T20 - Traveller for the D20 System 0 August 21st, 2004 07:06 PM
Links Cluster eyegore T20 - Traveller for the D20 System 2 August 28th, 2003 07:03 PM
Jewell Cluster BeRKA Duty Free Shop 8 April 13th, 2003 03:44 PM
Cluster Book MJD The Bureaucracy 1 January 13th, 2003 10:49 AM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.