Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old February 20th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
hemulen Citizen
I thought that I understood them, now I think I don't!! Looked through past posts, but can't see any discussion of this.

The description of T/Sensor skill on p97 gives modifiers to skill:

-8/-4/-2/-1/+0/+1/+2/+4/+8

depending on sensor target size, with a base DC of 10.

But, the description on p144 gives:

-16/-12/-8/-4/+0/+4/+8/+12/+16

for the same sizes, with a base DC of 20.

So there appear to be two sets of modifiers and DC for Sensor usage. I'm completely confused by this now, am I just missing the bleedin' obvious?

Can anyone explain what modifers/DC get used when and how? Examples would help as well!!!

As an extra question, the table on p148 gives the following sizes for Attack bonus and AC mod depending on size:

</font>
  • Large &lt;1 ton -1</font>
  • Huge 1-9 tons -2</font>
  • Gargantuan 10-99 tons -4</font>
  • Colossal 100-999 tons -8</font>
  • Enormous 1000-9999 tons -10</font>
etc, whereas the errata has Large being 1000-9999 tons, Huge as 10000-99,999 tons etc for the same modifiers. Incidentally on p 148 "Gargantuan", but on p 144 "Gigantic".

So a 5000dt ship would get -1 to AC and "to hit" rolls, rather than -10 as from the original table?

Presumably these sizes divisions are the same as those used for the sensor modifiers above? I can't find any other table definitively saying what size a ship is according to displacement. Maybe there should be one in the Design section?

cheers,

Mark

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.