Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Software Solutions

Software Solutions Discussions on Traveller related software.

Old October 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
jfetters Citizen
Default Sector Generator.Net

(This message is a cross post of the entry in the Files section)

As described in my blog, Sector Generator.Net is a program originally conceived to create sectors in Uncharted Space, but it has grown to include standard Imperial sectors as well.

Its primary use is for creating new sectors and importing the data into a mapping program such as Universe.

I am still working on some of the features (like the datagrid display for the subsector names, but what would be incredibly valuable to me is if folks can try it out and make sure the data being generated makes sense. There is a bit more tweaking to do, mainly on the stellar generation side of things, but this should do most of the job for a sector.

The sector creates the data in an XML format by default, but also will transform the XML into a SEC or HES file. I intend to add more transformation types in the future.

Also, there is apparently something strange regarding the SEC files generated when importing into Universe. Even though they look visually correct when inspected, an attempt to import them into Universe fails with an error.

It's obviously still in beta, so please let me know of any questions or bugs.

System requirements are Win XP/Vista with the .Net Framework 2.0.

I have not tested on Windows 2000 or earlier.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence..." - Leonard H. McCoy

Last edited by jfetters; October 28th, 2007 at 10:23 PM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.