Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 25th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
One aspect of MgT Trade that role played well was the ability for a variety of characters to each use very different skills to locate cargoes in very different ways. In the last MgT game I played, the ref used the rolls as a jump off point for a mini-adventure ... streetwise skill generates a contact in a shady bar, that leads to a meeting at a loading dock at 2 AM to pick up some goods, cheap, but no questions asked (actually, the company owner was desperate to convert goods to cash to pay a debt and save his knee caps).
Yeah, I liked that, too. Need to take another look when awake and clear-headed.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:14 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
OOC: Several times during the shopping spree it was mentioned that they were picking up "parts" that Max needed for the ship. Those were never detailed, given everything else that was going on, so here is a shopping list requested by Max ... SpaceBadger can let us know which were available and we can deduct the price from the ship's coffers and go forward from there. [these items represent the easy repairs from Max's list - all less than 100 man-hours.]

Air raft parts: 200 credits (32 man hours)
Fuel Purifier Parts: 245 credits (39 man hours)
Robot Assistant Parts (rm 27-28, not the broken one): 33 credits (5 man hours)
Cargo Bot Parts (4 bots): 200 credits (32 man hours) [to fix all 4]
Grav Forklift Parts: 67 credits (11 man hours)
Hardpoint Maintenance Parts (empty hardpoints): 66 credits ( 10 man hours)

The ship does not have a grav forklift; it has a skid-steer forklift.

I remember two places where Henry was picking up extra parts. at Ruthie's and at Mac's.

At Ruthie's place it was the junked engineer assistant bot to be cannibalized w the broken one to create one that works: Henry is working on that, switching the control core. Then at Ruthie's Henry also bought replacement parts for stock that had been expended from the ship's spares bin. Henry also bought those replacement connectors that Max said he needed.

Then at Mac's Henry found the two Hawley-Ridger units, and then spent a couple hours with Mac going over Max's shopping list. All of the parts you listed above were available at Mac's so now the ship has them and I will deduct the amounts you listed above from ship's account for Devonia.

Looking back at the original post, it looks like 21 credits for the connectors. Do you have a figure for restock of ship's spare parts bin? Hmm, actually I guess that could vary; the more you spend on stocking spare parts, the more likely you are to have something when needed.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 25th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I'd like to hear from Dave on what Doc would have prioritized. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
OOC, things that Doc will be doing during the 4 months from hire to present;
In order of priority

Cleaning and fixing sickbay
Cleaning and fixing the medical bots
Cleaning and fixing the ship bots
Brewing Hard Cider once a week
Brewing other alcohol once a month
Playing cards with whom ever is willing to play (Doc has plenty of decks, chips and various card games)
Taking care of any sick or medical exams that need be done.
Loading, unloading and arranging the cargo purchased/sold
Anything else that he can do that the Captain or Max needs help with.

Sickbay fixing 4 months, 4 rolls; 5, 9, 6, 8
Medical bots 4 months, 4 rolls; 7, 4 10, 7
Ship bots 4 months, 4 rolls; 8, 7, 12, 9
Brewing Hard Cider, 12 rolls; 8, 5, 7, 3, 9, 8, 7, 6, 7, 4, 9, 11
Brewing other 4 rolls; 7, 9, 6, 10
Failed Cider brewing rolls makes Apple vinegar which can be used or sold
Brews 3 gal of cider at a time
Brews 5 gal of other at a time (or about 52 bottles of beer/wine per batch)
(First 2 other brew are beer, last 2 wine)

Dave Chase
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

So mark off 10% of Med-Bay as repaired, due to limitation of available parts/funds. And the Med-Bay is very clean and tidy and well-organized.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

What I want to know is where he's keeping the apples? Ship's locker?

If this is all discussed over the course of our week in jump, Donoma might have some ideas to help out.

BTW, does the Fortunate Son have just a nuker in the lounge? Or does it have the ability to do more proper cooking? (I suppose the answer to that must be yes, given Max's pastries. Or... are those coming out of the engine room? )
Old September 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Once the systems are securely transitioned to "jump mode", Donoma turns to Hampton. "So, captain, we have an item we didn't really have a chance to discuss before - what with all the excitement of getting our cargo and getting out of town - those wonderful 'other duties as assigned'. I know you're not paying me to do nothing but sit on my pugo and eat your food for a week, so you'll want to work me into the assignments. (I assume you run a 24 hour engineer watch, at least.) You know my qualifications cover just about everything but gunnery at least a little. Tell me where and when you want me to start."
Quote:
If this is all discussed over the course of our week in jump, Donoma might have some ideas to help out.
Since Donoma has Engr-1 and various Elec, Grav and Mech, I expect she can find a lot to do with the various repairs that are on Max's short-list, for which the ship now has necessary replacement parts.

Quote:
BTW, does the Fortunate Son have just a nuker in the lounge? Or does it have the ability to do more proper cooking? (I suppose the answer to that must be yes, given Max's pastries. Or... are those coming out of the engine room? )
I guess for pastries it must have some sort of stove and oven in addition to the microwave (or Far Future equivalent).

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I guess for pastries it must have some sort of stove and oven in addition to the microwave (or Far Future equivalent).
Just so long as it isn't wrapped in tinfoil, sitting on the powerplant recycler.......
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

OOC: Out of the loop for a while.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

One small OOC point needs to be mentioned here, unless I misunderstood earlier in the game, the world is 3 days inside the solar jump shadow. If that is the case, then either we are still heading for jump (unlikely) or three days have passed since we took off and we have settled into a more or less normal jumpspace routine.

So please clarify the date or correct my misunderstanding from the inbound trip.