Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:19 AM
ChaosBennett ChaosBennett is offline
Citizen: SOC-7
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 24
Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen
Default

Rather than start a ruckus, I simply decide to stop playing with him and... start asking people if we're there yet.
  #12  
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:28 AM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
Um... I accuse Max of cheating.
Bruno laughs and tosses a handful of chips at Gayne. "Yeah, right. Quit goofing around man; do you feel that vibe in the air? My mojo tells me we are coming out of Jump."

Janna nods. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna check out the Bridge and see what's kicking, then get some shut-eye before we hit dirt." She speaks aloud to the Crew IA, "Please set main viewscreen in crew commons to Bridge view."

The viewscreen wipes its last setting (someone had chosen Classic Artwork, and it was showing Galvan's "Sunset Over the Pacific") and clears to reveal Leo P. Henry sitting at the pilot's station.

"Hey, Henry," Bruno calls out. "How's it look?"

[OOC: That reminds me, I think the main Crew IA and Passenger IA will each have names, but I figured I'd wait and let you guys name them. Any suggestions?]

[OOC: Also, anyone who wants their PC to have a custom IA that he/she prefers to interact with instead of the main Crew IA, you can name your own "special friend". )
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 10th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: OOCs
  #13  
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:45 AM
ChaosBennett ChaosBennett is offline
Citizen: SOC-7
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 24
Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen
Default

[OOC: Alfred and Jarvis.]
  #14  
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:02 AM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
[OOC: Alfred and Jarvis.]
[OOC: For the Crew and Passenger IAs? Those sound good to me. Any other suggestions, or approval by acclamation?]

[OOC: Do y'all (esp Captain and pilots, I guess) think that when you made your jump you would be aiming for the Gas Giant nearest to the mainworld, or aiming for the mainworld itself? Devonia is in the 4th occupied orbit of an F5 V star; there is an asteroid belt in the 5th orbit and a GG in the 6th orbit.

Devonia itself has open water, so you could most likely buy fuel at the starport or even set down somewhere and fill 'er up yourselves; Pop is only 2 million for the whole planet, which should leave plenty of wilderness beach areas unoccupied.

Heck, here is the basic world data; I will have more details for you tomorrow:

Devonia (Reavers' Deep 3125) C566674-8 Ag Ni 213
Size: 8000 km (5), Atmo: Standard, Hydro: 60%
Pop: 2 M, Balkanized, LL: 4, TL: 8
Star(s): F5 V M5 V, 12 Worlds, 1 Belts, 3 GGs
Independent, No Bases

Devonia is the 4th planet of an F5 main sequence star, and is somewhat hotter than standard, but still within human tolerance. Much of the planet is wilderness, as 75% of the planet's 2 million people live in a coastal metropolitan area around the starport, which is ruled by a charismatic oligarchy of wealthy families. The balkanized government rating refers to the other 25% of the planet's population, who have colonized various islands not too far from the starport city and live under a variety of different governments.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
  #15  
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default

Donoma has posted a listing in the starport: "Master Navigator available for starship posting (other ratings, as well)". She is also keeping an eye on the arrivals, and hanging around the starport area when a new ship comes in. Always best to observe folks in person, see how they operate.

Donoma turned down the carnival offer. She didn't get a good feeling about the guy running the joint. But, she has been making ends meet - barely - with the courier service, and a couple of sailing jobs at the local harbour. (It might not pay much, but you can keep what you catch, and there's usually tips from the passengers when you help them land something, too.) She really wants back into space, though.

__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
  #16  
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:20 AM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,552
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Re: jumping to a gas giant first...I think that would be the best SOP for travel. We can gas up before hitting the world and try to stay topped up. Speaking of which: someone might want to check the buscreens before we skim..
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #17  
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:38 AM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Re: jumping to a gas giant first...I think that would be the best SOP for travel. We can gas up before hitting the world and try to stay topped up. Speaking of which: someone might want to check the buscreens before we skim..
Bug-screens, as in filters on the scoops? Good idea, if it hasn't been done for awhile, plus it lets somebody go out and play EVA!

OK, I will work from assumption that y'all were aiming for the GG in 6th orbit.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
  #18  
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:43 AM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,552
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

I get on the intercom, "Who needs EVA time for thier certificate log? We need the scoops ptepped and checked for FOD soon as we're outta jump."
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #19  
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
samuelvss's Avatar
samuelvss samuelvss is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 1,237
Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen
Default

Henry is a bit distracted, thinking about the card game he's missing. They could be playing Daibei Hold Me...

He registers the indicator, and announces, "Transitioning from jump space," and calls out the elapsed time.

He initiates contact with the starport, to confirm the information that their transponder should already be automatically broadcasting.

He checks how close they are to their destination GG, and check sensors for any traffic or anomalies.

"Alfred, patch me to the Captain." Gives Rhodes a report of their position, any traffic, anything else sensors have picked up, or a negative report on the last two.

Initiates the download of Library data from the starport, giving them a feed of everything from traffic reports, weather, news, updates of white and yellow pages, ads, and spacer bulletins. Oggles picture of Donoma whil no one is watching.

OOC: Sorry, but I've been unplugged.
__________________
Essayons!

SVSS


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."

Last edited by samuelvss; August 10th, 2013 at 11:11 AM..
  #20  
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
atpollard's Avatar
atpollard atpollard is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Port Richey
Posts: 8,929
Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default

Max Black (Engineer/Steward)

Max rises at 04:00, just like every day. Logs into the Engineering terminal to see if any red flags have been raised, just like every day. (A string of yellow cautions a mile long that will just have to wait a little longer and two new red warnings, bringing the total to five - all not critical systems so they, too, will need to wait a little longer, just like every day.) Max hates jump space ... 16 hour days dealing with the public plus his regular engineering duties. Of course he doesn't work all of those hours, but he needs to remain on-call in case someone needs something.

Today or tomorrow the ship will exit jump space and Max will be free to focus on Engineering and the Doc gets to deal with the passengers jump sickness complaints and medical screening.

Max perks up at the chance to play cards with some of the crew ... at least until time to start baking breakfast. The cards like him today ('there really is no substitute for luck' he thinks as he rakes in the pot of pretzels).

The lurch washes over him as the ship transitions from jump space. Max sighs.
"Deal me out" he says as it passes, "Time to deal with the public and check on the M Drives."

The drives are fine. By 06:30 trays of baked goods are ready to enter the oven, and by 07:00 the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls and muffins and bread fills the galley and commons, silently announcing that breakfast is now being served.

Last edited by atpollard; August 11th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: Update ship status
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 767 October 13th, 2013 12:29 AM
[SBRD] Prep: Characters SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 73 October 6th, 2013 01:09 PM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 09:38 AM
[SBRD] Prep: setting discussion SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 189 August 10th, 2013 06:27 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010-2013 Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.