Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Anybody planning to respond to Captain's call for volunteers to go out in vaccsuit and clean the scoop filters?

All crew now have at least Vaccsuit-0 if you didn't already have it from your career, but if all you have is skill-0, this would be a good one to work on improving at least to skill-1, to improve your PC's survival chances in EVA situations.

I don't recall the exact rules for improving skills in CT, but this would definitely be a good one, bc I expect that dying out in space from a mishap is a lonely way to go.

EDIT: Do any of you have your own custom vaccsuits, or all using ship's issue?

EDIT 2: I still haven't written my vaccsuit stuff into the equipment page, but TLs are all lower than CT books say. If you had the cash for a tailored vaccsuit (the kind you can wear as your daily uniform), reduce required TL to 11. For skinsuits (worn under regular clothes for emergencies or short trips outside, but not really good work suits), reduce TL to 8.

Max would probably own a hard vacc suit, like one might use to make repairs outside a hull under hazardous conditions ... closer to a civilian battle dress without any weapon/combat capabilities but with connections for powering tools and handheld scanners instead.
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:28 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

On an unrelated note, do you have a design list for the ship with all of the components and prices ... I had an idea for the 'maintenance' and wanted to start with your official list before creating one from scratch.
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:41 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
On an unrelated note, do you have a design list for the ship with all of the components and prices ... I had an idea for the 'maintenance' and wanted to start with your official list before creating one from scratch.
I don't have that - Sabredog did all the design work. His notes to me did not include any prices.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:52 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Also, what is ship policy on crew weapons?

We have safe for passenger weapons to be stored, and we have some various lockers mostly w ship-defense weapons for easy grabbing when needed.

What about Gayne's gauss sniper rifle, or Henry's laser carbine, or anyone else's personal pistols, etc? Central locker, or lock them up in individual stateroom when not in use? Anyone packing heat during ordinary shipboard duties? What is the policy on that?

Completely different subject, minor matter but I could see it coming up in play at some point - crew stateroom assignment.

Speak first for the stateroom you want - 12 through 19 are available now that Med Bay is moved to 20 in passenger section - also state whether you mind having a roommate or not - someone will have to as we don't have enough rooms otherwise.

OK, here are the NPCs:
Bruno and Benjamin will bunk together in 12 (assume portside turret is Benjamin's combat station).
Janna will bunk alone in 16, but wouldn't mind sharing w Donoma if hired.

Since Psgr staterooms aren't usually full, someone could use one of those when available, reverting back to doubling up in a regular crew room if we get a full load of passengers.

On your mark, get set, claim your stateroom!
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:58 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Max would probably own a hard vacc suit, like one might use to make repairs outside a hull under hazardous conditions ... closer to a civilian battle dress without any weapon/combat capabilities but with connections for powering tools and handheld scanners instead.
He can have that if you want, but more common practice is to wear extra radiation/debris protective coverall over regular vaccsuit if needed - I think we specified those in the drive room equipment lockers.

Hard suits are usually the "mini-spacecraft" kind for long duration construction work in space, where the operator is actually sitting down for comfort and "arms" are waldoes rather than sleeves.

I can see the usefulness of what you suggest, but they aren't that common - probably old combat armor converted.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:15 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

Quote:
Speak first for the stateroom you want - 12 through 19 are available now that Med Bay is moved to 20 in passenger section - also state whether you mind having a roommate or not - someone will have to as we don't have enough rooms otherwise.
Max would be happy to share #14 with Henry.
As two Engineers, we would be likely to sleep on different shifts anyway ... especially with the maintenance issues.
And room 14 has about the fastest access to engineering.

I thought about sharing a room with the other steward for the same different shift reasons, but her being female posed issues that I would rather not get into in a family friendly game.

[EDIT: Of course I would be happy to yield room 14 to the captain or first officer if they want it, then just move Max to room 15 across the central corridor.]

Last edited by atpollard; August 11th, 2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:26 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

I think the AI butlers are reversed.

Jarvis was the butler for the entire Avenger team and ran their secret headquarters (which sounds more like crew).

Alfred was the butler for Bruce Wayne who only occasionally assisted Batman (which sounds more like passengers).

Not that I care.
If you hadn't brought up AI duties on the IC thread, I would never have given this a moment's thought.
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:35 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
I think the AI butlers are reversed.

Jarvis was the butler for the entire Avenger team and ran their secret headquarters (which sounds more like crew).

Alfred was the butler for Bruce Wayne who only occasionally assisted Batman (which sounds more like passengers).

Not that I care.
If you hadn't brought up AI duties on the IC thread, I would never have given this a moment's thought.
I am just going with the original suggestion by ChaosBennett (Comics-5 expert level), since no one made any other suggestions and some started using those names. I don't know why he suggested them in that order.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:34 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
I don't have that - Sabredog did all the design work. His notes to me did not include any prices.
Hokay - the total cost of the ship, including the launch, weapons, and turrets is (new) 251.25MCr. If the ref considers it a standard design then he can reduce the price accordingly, likewise for age of the vessel.

The components are all the standard LBB2 parts and the prices are in the book for those. The medbay is problematic since I don't know what the going rate is for one of those in this TU.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:41 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Also, what is ship policy on crew weapons?

We have safe for passenger weapons to be stored, and we have some various lockers mostly w ship-defense weapons for easy grabbing when needed.

What about Gayne's gauss sniper rifle, or Henry's laser carbine, or anyone else's personal pistols, etc? Central locker, or lock them up in individual stateroom when not in use? Anyone packing heat during ordinary shipboard duties? What is the policy on that?
I think while on the ship we should carry a weapon during routine operations - especially since it might unduly alarm the passengers. However, if no passengers are on board, and/or we are heading into harm's way and know it then if it makes you feel better I suppose you can carry a sidearm, but try not to carry around passengers. You never know if one of them gets twitchy around guns and we don't need to make it easier for someone to try something stupid.

We have plenty of weapons stashed around the ship, and its not a big ship so you wouldn't have to run far to retrieve your favorite gun if a fight starts, so we don't really need to be carrying the things while working the ship.

Quote:

Completely different subject, minor matter but I could see it coming up in play at some point - crew stateroom assignment.

OK, here are the NPCs:
Bruno and Benjamin will bunk together in 12 (assume portside turret is Benjamin's combat station).
Janna will bunk alone in 16, but wouldn't mind sharing w Donoma if hired.

Since Psgr staterooms aren't usually full, someone could use one of those when available, reverting back to doubling up in a regular crew room if we get a full load of passengers.

On your mark, get set, claim your stateroom!
Hampton has #19

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Closed Thread