Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe View Post
If somebody is going to give us a ship that big, they'll probably want us to keep to some kind of schedule.
Nah, that would be boring. See my reply to atpollard; this will be an older ship that is all paid off. Maybe even a salvage? We'll work out the ownership details after we see what kind of characters y'all come up with.

Quote:
How about The Minnow?
Sounds like a "bad luck" name to me, but I'm just the GM, and I think the ship name is a player decision - let's see what the other players think.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Average TL
Open equipment list (of course with GM approval per character)
Robots? yes, no, rare, ??

Dave Chase
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Average TL
Open equipment list (of course with GM approval per character)
Robots? yes, no, rare, ??

Dave Chase
TL I am going to have to look at, as I don't remember where the historical breaks are and we are going to be playing sometime during the Long Night.

Equipment, yeah, pretty open - and you can look at MT, MgT, and 2300 equipment lists, too, as the CT lists are pretty sparse. If you have something that you're not sure whether it fits the setting, just bring it to my attention for yea or nay.

Weaponry - standard stuff, up to and including gauss weapons. Dunno if the military has plasma/fusion guns or not, will have to check the TL on those. Military armor goes up to combat armor, but not battledress. Civilian stuff mostly vest/jacket stuff - call it cloth? Police and paramilitary probably armor cloth coveralls w some plate reinforcement in the torso - not sure what to call that in CT rules. Of course, as Travellers who occasionally visit low law-level systems and other unsavory places, you may have a few items stashed away that are better than standard civilian gear.

I saw that you PMed me a "Doc" character, haven't had a chance to look at him yet as I'm having a pretty good day health-wise and need to get into the office as soon as I finish eating, so maybe we need to discuss medical gear - or if you want to look at it and suggest what you think he should have, that is fine with me!

Edit: There is no big cultural bias against robots, but probably some developmental delay due to the old Vilani rules. I think they'd be available, but not ubiquitous as in replacing people for doing everything.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
LiNeNoiSe Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Sounds like a "bad luck" name to me, but I'm just the GM, and I think the ship name is a player decision - let's see what the other players think.
Wasn't a serious suggestion. Just the first thing that came to mind.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:22 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

OK, y'all, we still need a name for your ship, but I decided to go ahead and just call this campaign [SBRD] Reavers' Deep so we can proceed w other threads properly tagged as needed (the SB is for SpaceBadger, not because I'm egotistical, but just to distinguish this campaign from other Reavers' Deep campaigns that someone else might run).

Fritz, can you use your Mighty Moderator powers to change the thread title to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or do I need to contact Aramis to do that, or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

(I already tried using advanced edit to do it myself, but that just changed the title on the first post, not the whole thread.)

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Given at least one shady character request, what about a Burn Notice or Firefly type of group ... just a bit of a down on their luck group "hanging together because it is better than hanging separately" (paraphrased Ben Franklin quote).

If someone really wants to be a Noble, then they might be the story arc that recruited the members of the group in the first place ... like the Leverage team.
"Something like Firefly" would be fine, if y'all build some suitable characters.

I'm not familiar w Leverage (not available on Netflix ), but if you want to expand on that idea, feel free.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Wasn't a serious suggestion. Just the first thing that came to mind.
Nothing wrong w that name; I should have added a to my bad luck comment.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
"Something like Firefly" would be fine, if y'all build some suitable characters.

I'm not familiar w Leverage (not available on Netflix ), but if you want to expand on that idea, feel free.
Leverage: a bunch of criminals, coopted into revenging/avenging/correction systemic and/or individual abuses by worse criminals against innocents by a do-gooder never seen on camera, by doing damned illegal things. Kind of a criminal spying and special ops game.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:57 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Leverage: a bunch of criminals, coopted into revenging/avenging/correction systemic and/or individual abuses by worse criminals against innocents by a do-gooder never seen on camera, by doing damned illegal things. Kind of a criminal spying and special ops game.
Sounds kind of like the old Secret Six comic!

Hey, could you please change the title of this thread to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

(I already tried using advanced edit to do it myself, but that just changed the title on the first post, not the whole thread.)

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Sounds kind of like the old Secret Six comic!
I have never heard of Secret Six...

Quote:
Hey, could you please change the title of this thread to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

Done.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Closed Thread