Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I think it would be a big help if you actually read each other's backstories, as some of them are quite detailed.
What Doc's back story is, is different than what he appears to be. A written story only gives you the first look at an individual, interacting with them gives you an actual picture of sorts. I wanted interaction, otherwise, I would be trying to just write stories for a living.

Quote:
If you really wanted Doc to be a stranger to the others, you could have started him on Devonia, as Fritz is doing with Donoma.
One, I told you I did not care, where he started, just needed a reason on why he was there.
Two, you suggested a starting place and I said that I didn't care.
Three, IF I had known that you were going to fast forward a group of us and not some of the others, I would have been picky about where Doc started.
Four, I didn't realize that flashback/backstories were going to be an issue.

Done.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

I enjoyed meeting Doc.
Now we have a little shared experience to build upon.

I would be happy to advance this thread to the next location and play out meeting the characters who join the ship there. The goal would be to expand the shared experience and getting a glimpse of each new crewman.

A series of vignettes ... days in the life of the ship ... to get to know each other.

(If any other players wanted to play out their first days on the ship.)
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:05 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
I enjoyed meeting Doc.
Now we have a little shared experience to build upon.

I would be happy to advance this thread to the next location and play out meeting the characters who join the ship there. The goal would be to expand the shared experience and getting a glimpse of each new crewman.

A series of vignettes ... days in the life of the ship ... to get to know each other.

(If any other players wanted to play out their first days on the ship.)
Fine for whoever is interested. Just please don't start doing actions other than getting to know each other. If everyone has so much spare time for posting actions and adventures, I'd really prefer to see it in the actual game thread.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:46 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Fine for whoever is interested. Just please don't start doing actions other than getting to know each other. If everyone has so much spare time for posting actions and adventures, I'd really prefer to see it in the actual game thread.
I agree with that.
Is your headache better? (As in the opposite of 'worse', not 'completely gone')
Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:24 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Is your headache better? (As in the opposite of 'worse', not 'completely gone')
Yes, thanks.

After full dose of motrin and icepack did no help, I started in on my various prescription meds and am now thoroughly doped and having a difficult time stringing two thoughts together in a row. So not doing any more of the mapping work tonight, and not starting on Wiki Library Data as I am a bit rusty and not in condition for learning new things or trying to figure them out.

I got the big Border Region map posted earlier, plus a notice on one of the threads (OOC I hope) - if not just look for most recent blog port.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:43 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Oh, I want to see the results if you were to just start putting together a subsector while thoroughly strung out. You could call it the Leary subsector.......

Seriously, I hope you feel a lot better this morning.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

Quote:
Yes, thanks.

After full dose of motrin and icepack did no help, I started in on my various prescription meds and am now thoroughly doped and having a difficult time stringing two thoughts together in a row. So not doing any more of the mapping work tonight, and not starting on Wiki Library Data as I am a bit rusty and not in condition for learning new things or trying to figure them out.
I have Maxalt for occasional allergy induced migraines (I am fine for many months and then have about two or three migraines per week for a week or two). So I can sympathize.
Closed Thread