Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller: The New Era

Traveller: The New Era Discussion on Traveller: The New Era

Old September 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
LeperColony Citizen+LeperColony Citizen+
Default Collapse World Profiles?

Is there a source that provides post-collapse world profiles for areas outside Diaspora/Deneb/RC-space? Ideally one that goes sector by sector over the Imperium?
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperColony View Post
Is there a source that provides post-collapse world profiles for areas outside Diaspora/Deneb/RC-space? Ideally one that goes sector by sector over the Imperium?
Yes and no... I've not seen any official stuff, but there is some generated collapsed data from the Sunbane archive for a couple more.

There's the unofficial Solomani Rim data from Traveller's Digest... but note that the Children of Earth setting is pretty interesting and is the source for this - Earth has become head of a new and compelling post-viral Empire.

There might be more in 1248, but I don't have 1248 nor TNE CD 2 to check. (If someone takes up a collection to get me the CD with it I'd not complain a bit...)

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:34 AM
Vice Administrator

Gallery : 1
Visit Cryton's Blog
Cryton has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cryton
Cool

1248 sourcebook 2 covers Gushemege, Dagudashaag, Ilelish and Zarushagar sectors. As my copy of the TNE2 disc hasnt arrived yet, I cant tell you what the other 1248 books have in them, but Ill bet Spinward States covers the Spinward Marches, post Regency.

~Rich

Richard Ricker, Baron of the 3I since 2010 Duke since 2016
Baron of Spirelle
Spin 1927 Spirelle C766846-8
Duke of D'Artur
Dagu 0924 D'Artur AAE7443-E
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:08 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
There's the unofficial Solomani Rim data from Traveller's Digest... but note that the Children of Earth setting is pretty interesting and is the source for this - Earth has become head of a new and compelling post-viral Empire.
IMTU the pocket empire that centered on Terra in the TNE called itself the 4th Imperium too.

You see, Terra had just gotten reconciled to the Imperium. Home Rule had been restored, and apart from a few die-hard fanatics, everybody was doing just fine, with plenty of planetary autonomy and trade and a bolo-ball team and all that sort of stuff.

And then the Rebellion started and the Sollies invaded and started to throw their weight around. The Confederation goverment talked a lot about the Mother World and how they all venerated it, but of course they weren't about to give up any of their own power. They put the fanatics in charge and gave them a free hand. The resulting witch hunts definitely did not help making the Confederation popular.

So when the Confederation in turn vanished, the people of Terra rose up against their government in the name of the Imperium and the halcyon days of yore when the Emperor protected Terra against the nasty Sollies...

Hans
Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:14 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 1
E.D.Quibell Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancke2 View Post

So when the Confederation in turn vanished, the people of Terra rose up against their government in the name of the Imperium and the halcyon days of yore when the Emperor protected Terra against the nasty Sollies...
I just love the irony in that

Best regards,

Ewan
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

shield Citizen

Yes, the spinward states book covers the domain od deneb, Freedon League covers old expanses / diaspora and the top 4 subsectors of Sol Rim and Alpha Crucis.

The old Traveller Chronicle had some info on the Grayln Union which was over in Reavers Deep. Both the Main TNE rules and another magazine had 1 subsector in Massilia - Hub Worlds. Challenge had 1 adventure in a subsector over on the Antares / Lishun border.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield View Post
The old Traveller Chronicle had some info on the Grayln Union which was over in Reavers Deep.
That's the Gralyn Union. I was heavily involved in that project together with a bunch of the usual suspects from the TML. Guy Garnett was the coordinator. It was a lot of fun.

Hans
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM

shield Citizen

Yeah, spelling never a good bit for me. I saw the bits in the Traveller Chronicle (Issues 5-7). It was very very good, and an excellent intro to TNE (yes I have pinched bits for my own TNE universe). Pity it just seemed to stop
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-5

ReaverKing Citizen

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the Gralyn Union stuff from the Traveller Chronicles? I want to run a TNE game in Reavers' Deep and want to see what source material I can use.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:08 PM

shield Citizen

It was in Chronicles 5, 6 and 7, and I think some are on ebay. They are also somewhere on the web. I will try and dig out the link