Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Bestiary

Bestiary Submit your favorite original creatures for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old October 3rd, 2002, 03:28 AM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen
Wink

This elusive creature was once exceedingly rare and only one Hunter knew the secret of it's location. A few early settlers stumbled on the lair of this beast and managed to take some trophies before the site was quarantined by Imperial order.

That order was recently lifted and the site opened to one and all for safari. I was lucky enough to be nearby when the news broke and grabbed a charter deal for my ship The Empress Poppaea. I led a group on safari and even managed to bag an Avatar for myself.

Since then many others have been making the trip to this distant world, some have made several trips, and a few of these hunters have been unsuccessful in their quest for a trophy. From talking to other hunters it seems to be a matter of the wrong equipment in the field. I have had great success with my trusty Mac 8.6mm, it seldom lets me down. Another hunter has even done it with the lighter Mac 8.1mm, and my safari charters have all had great hunts with a variety of Mac gear.

Most of the talk in the hunter's lounge seems to suggest that the more common Personal Carbine using Mass Supply LIC ammo is not always up to the task, but I understand the gamekeeper is hard at work on providing help to those who for whatever reason must use the PC and MS.

Best of luck to everyone, I am available for private charters at reasonable rates with a trophy guaranteed or passage cheerfully refunded.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.