Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old January 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by far-trader View Post
In the Spinward Marches, Regina subsector, Captain Nokia is familiar with three worlds like that, Regina, Hefry, and Ruie. Unfortunately Ruie is not an Imperial World (not even a Client State which would qualify).
What if some of the countries on Ruie are Imperial client states, or even member states? (I established that such was the case in my writeup of Ruie for JTAS Online. Not canon, I konw, but assume for purposes of argument that it is. A place like Jingarlu alone has a population several orders of magnitude bigger than Uakye. Same level as Regina, in fact.

Hans
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen
Default Second thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestar4 View Post
For clarification, *anyone* can be hired as a broker. It's simple as that. I'd pursue this more, but really any changes that I'm thinking of would only hurt players for the most part. Leave the rules with their little screwiness alone I guess.

Adam
Rereading your original post now Adam I'm thinking you meant this more in connection with that, which makes it more understandable to me

I do see your issue there, and that there is no real clear way to rationalize it as you noted. Hmm...

One might simply make it a percentage fee based on the basic cost of the item instead of the purchase or sale price. Then the Broker gets paid the same no matter the deal they make which might make more sense. For example a lot of 5tons of Blades selling for Cr10,000 per ton and a Broker-4 handling the deal, the Broker would get 20% (in CT) of Cr50,000, for a fee of Cr10,000 on the sale and/or purchase. It might actually cost you more to use a Broker than you'd save/profit on the deal. Not that the Broker would care or imagine it was their problem

Does MGT still require the Broker be payed their fee even if the lot is not bought or sold?

I'm also curious if MGT uses the same Broker fee percentage breakdown of 5% per skill level (and a max skill level of 4)?

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
What if some of the countries on Ruie are Imperial client states, or even member states? (I established that such was the case in my writeup of Ruie for JTAS Online. Not canon, I konw, but assume for purposes of argument that it is. A place like Jingarlu alone has a population several orders of magnitude bigger than Uakye. Same level as Regina, in fact.

Hans
Tricky question, but I'd allow it as a ref. Kinda like the foreign merchant zone mentioned in the thread over on SJG forum (link) today.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012