Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old November 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
RobertFisher Citizen
As much as I loved my Starter Traveller set, I always regretted that I didn't have the LBBs. So, once I got the reprints & some of the LBBs, my Starter Traveller booklets have set untouched on the shelf between the Megatraveller & Spacemaster books.

Well, I pulled it out last night, & am I pretty impressed.

I had thought there wasn't anything new in it until Sigg pointed out the pulse/beam laser thing. Flipping through it last night, I saw a couple of other things that I didn't think I'd seen elsewhere.

& I recall there being something missing from it from B1-3 that I wished had been there, but I can't remember what.

So, before I start a compare & contrast project, has anyone made a list of differences between Starter Traveller & the LBBs?
Old November 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM

RobertFisher Citizen
As much as I loved my Starter Traveller set, I always regretted that I didn't have the LBBs. So, once I got the reprints & some of the LBBs, my Starter Traveller booklets have set untouched on the shelf between the Megatraveller & Spacemaster books.

Well, I pulled it out last night, & am I pretty impressed.

I had thought there wasn't anything new in it until Sigg pointed out the pulse/beam laser thing. Flipping through it last night, I saw a couple of other things that I didn't think I'd seen elsewhere.

& I recall there being something missing from it from B1-3 that I wished had been there, but I can't remember what.

So, before I start a compare & contrast project, has anyone made a list of differences between Starter Traveller & the LBBs?
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
It's one of those tasks I would like to find the time for - compare 1st edition CT with 2nd edition, then compare with the Traveller Book, and finally with Starter Traveller.

Then there's the question of any errata making its way into different printings of the above

Somebody, somewhere has probably done this already...
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
It's one of those tasks I would like to find the time for - compare 1st edition CT with 2nd edition, then compare with the Traveller Book, and finally with Starter Traveller.

Then there's the question of any errata making its way into different printings of the above

Somebody, somewhere has probably done this already...
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Vargas Citizen
First edition had a table for determining trade routes between systems which was later omitted from 2nd Ed.
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM

Vargas Citizen
First edition had a table for determining trade routes between systems which was later omitted from 2nd Ed.
Old November 12th, 2004, 05:47 PM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
I'm familiar with the XBoat route random generation table, but not a trade route system. Do you think you could reproduce the basics of it here? Or at least describe the particulars of it?

Thanks in advance,
Flynn
Old November 12th, 2004, 05:47 PM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
I'm familiar with the XBoat route random generation table, but not a trade route system. Do you think you could reproduce the basics of it here? Or at least describe the particulars of it?

Thanks in advance,
Flynn
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:24 PM

Ranger Citizen
It's a very basic table. You have a Starport to Starport column and a set of distances (1-4). Roll a die and equal or beat the number in the column to have a trade route.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> 1 2 3 4
A-A 1 2 4 5
A-B 1 3 4 6</pre>[/QUOTE]etc...
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:24 PM

Ranger Citizen
It's a very basic table. You have a Starport to Starport column and a set of distances (1-4). Roll a die and equal or beat the number in the column to have a trade route.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> 1 2 3 4
A-A 1 2 4 5
A-B 1 3 4 6</pre>[/QUOTE]etc...