Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

Gallery : 0
nitestar4 Citizen
Default Broker Hiring issues

Mechanically hiring a broker can work really well for someone. But, I've run into one problem and maybe it's just my understanding of the trade rules. So the broker gets a percentage of the purchase price and the sale price, different brokers usually.
But, given that, isn't it in the broker's best interest to make the purchase price as high as possible? All done by die roll yes, but the fluff around the mechanic doesn't make sense to me.
So, a reward for making a steal of a purchase price would be in order I think. I was thinking originally of their percentage of the difference between standard price and the purchase price, but then that would cut them short for most rolls, never mind the rolls where the purchase prise is more than the standard.
How would you all resolve it, or just leave it as is?

Adam