Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old February 19th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Originally posted by kaladorn:
Most of the errata on the web is the 1988 printing. I need to get a copy of the 1990 version. (I may have on paper, but I want an electronic one).

I've a copy on paper only. I could email it to you, it is a free errata sheet

Interesting idea on the Ship's Troops idea. Of course, how did you resolve survival rolls? If the ship went to a Battle, did you modify the survival roll and if so what Navy value did you use? (Flight? Line?).

I used the naval character assignment resolution survival roll; decoration, promotion and skill rolls from the merc tables. The Marine is treated as crew or gunnery, players choise.

Just cause MT is forbidden doesn't mean it still wasn't the best version!

I completely agree.
Old February 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Elliot Citizen
Forbidden? - Only if its a Roger Sanger ip - and to be fair to him, he once said people could use DGP background for development of future material(although understandably you may not want to do that given the risk of a capricious future law $$$uit).

That means the MT rules without the expansions like the World Builders Handbook or 101 vehicles(but you can always adapt the TNE version which is almost a republication anyway!) are official as is the elegant simplicity of the task system.

As to the Rebellion, MWM still says that it is canon: according to the interview with William it was his idea after all. I reckon I could write an official Rebellion sourcebook without directly referencing any any exclusively (c) DGP material.

I also reckon that very few would feel such a sourcebook was impoverished for the lack of DGP references (and from MJD's call for TA supplements someone most likely already is, the lucky git!).

I also happen to think the rulez and the Rebellion was best of Traveller.

Elliot Citizen
Forbidden? - Only if its a Roger Sanger ip - and to be fair to him, he once said people could use DGP background for development of future material(although understandably you may not want to do that given the risk of a capricious future law $$$uit).

That means the MT rules without the expansions like the World Builders Handbook or 101 vehicles(but you can always adapt the TNE version which is almost a republication anyway!) are official as is the elegant simplicity of the task system.

As to the Rebellion, MWM still says that it is canon: according to the interview with William it was his idea after all. I reckon I could write an official Rebellion sourcebook without directly referencing any any exclusively (c) DGP material.

I also reckon that very few would feel such a sourcebook was impoverished for the lack of DGP references (and from MJD's call for TA supplements someone most likely already is, the lucky git!).

Elliot Citizen

Old February 19th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Peer of the Realm

The Hinterworlds Rambler Citizen
Well, with 22 pages of mistakes and sloppy editing, there must be a new definition of "best"... a few flubs is one thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4C01hS2nI
Peer of the Realm

Well, with 22 pages of mistakes and sloppy editing, there must be a new definition of "best"... a few flubs is one thing...

Peer of the Realm

Old February 19th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Elliot Citizen
Agreed - I mean best in concept, but not best in production...

Elliot Citizen

Elliot Citizen