Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old September 15th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
jawillroy has disabled reputation
Default Running a game via roll20

Delighted to be running a game again. It's my Proto-Traveller ATU, with some background chrome courtesy of LBB6 and elsewhere. The players are all basically new to Traveller, a couple new to RPGs. Since we're scattered around the US, we're using roll20 as an interface which seems to be working - mostly. It was a little crashy during the last gathering.

The game's taking a little while to gather steam - mostly we've been dealing with character development and background, but I think the NEXT session will see things up and running properly.

I've lifted the Lab Ship from Death Station and slated the players as operations crew for an academically funded research voyage: a ship full of eggheads, off to a frontier system to do a systematic survey: one of those "It Looked Like A Cushy Gig BUT THEY GOT MORE THAN THEY BARGAINED FOR" novellas.

I've posted some of the background chrome here: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/det...08/hail-fester

The characters all come out of LBB1 with the exception of one Noble; all were produced using a harsh implementation of the survival rule. IIRC, each player but one now has the experience of having killed a character in CharGen - a valuable lesson in the sanctity of Player Character Life!