Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Software Solutions

Software Solutions Discussions on Traveller related software.

Old May 31st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Default Fantasy Grounds?

I'm not sure if this should go here or in Software Solutions, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the program Fantasy Grounds for T20? FGII has info from D20 Modern in it. Does anyone know if this can be done?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Moved to Software Solutions.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:26 AM
Count

Gallery : 0
Visit Hemdian's Blog
Hemdian Citizen+Hemdian Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tried the program Fantasy Grounds for T20? FGII has info from D20 Modern in it. Does anyone know if this can be done?
You should listen to the Accidental Survivors podcast Special Episode 4 (released in Febuary). The bulk of the 1 hour show (after the first 10 minutes) is a review of several similar applications: Open RPG, Fantasy Grounds, and others. (A sizeable portion of the time is spent on Fantasy Grounds.) The key thing with Fantasy Grounds appears to be video card compatability issues.

Last edited by Hemdian; June 1st, 2008 at 05:29 AM..
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Citizen: SOC-6

Gallery : 0
DopeGhoti Citizen

There's a post on the Fantasy Grounds forums indicating that some progress has been made on a T20 character sheet for it. It likely doesn't have all of the skill and feat descriptions and such from the THBs, but it'd be enough to game with.
Old June 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Valarian Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Valarian Send a message via MSN to Valarian

I've done a T20 character sheet for Fantasy Grounds. It is perfectly possible to tailor Fantasy Grounds to play T20. It's been a while since I looked at it, but I think the NPC sheet has also been modified. The Items sheet and combat tracker have not been changed from the default d20.

I've got a rules module for my own personal use, but I'd not be able to distribute this without Hunter's permission (also presuming all of it's OGL). It's also not yet complete.
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

Sweet! I think I'm buying it when my Tax Rebate gets back. I've been trying to talk a DM friend into getting it for D&D since the people we game with have a hard time getting together in one place. I also wouldn't mind running a few things of my own. If I could get a good T20 game up, that'd be a blast!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:36 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 2
Valarian Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Valarian Send a message via MSN to Valarian

For customisation the skills required are XML (for layout) and Lua (for scripting of functionality). With version 2 of the application, the character sheet and functionality have been separated from copyrighted rules information. This makes it much easier (i.e. it's now legal) to share rulesets because they do just contain a character sheet layout.