Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Adventurers

Adventurers Tell us your Traveller character stats, skills, and details.

Old November 26th, 2020, 01:06 AM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Default RPGSuite is sweet! Here's a new character for you...

So I fired up RPGSuite and downloaded some Add-Ons. Man, that is a great program. Attached is a PDF of a character I worked up just goofing around and he turned out to be a nice character. DEX and SOC are low, and I wanted Pilot skill, but everything else looks great!

Mustering out gave him a ton of Credits and he got a Surplus Scout on the last Benefits roll!

Try him out in your next game.
Old November 26th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 16
Proneutron Citizen+Proneutron Citizen+

Looks nice. I read more about the Suite. Can you create NEW equipment and things or only EDIT existing, purchased gear? If they ever port to Linux I might buy.
Old November 26th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Baron

Gallery : 107
Visit coliver988's Blog
coliver988 Citizen++coliver988 Citizen++coliver988 Citizen++coliver988 Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proneutron View Post
Looks nice. I read more about the Suite. Can you create NEW equipment and things or only EDIT existing, purchased gear? If they ever port to Linux I might buy.
You can edit the PDFs after the fact, but you can only get the stuff it includes. You can get the core equipment catalog and all its stuff (which I don't have, but I did get the everything package when it first came out and it is nice). Though I really just use it to generate NPCs. When I play a character I want to roll it up. Plus I have a lot more career options spanning 40+ years of Traveller collecting. Not that I'd ever play a prostitute, but I do have a career for that as well. Odd how many unsavory careers are available...guess murder hobos in space?

Duke of The Solomani RimLANGELOS A4249A6-FLangelos Write Up AlphaTrane / Glisten 2038
Baron, IpkurIpkur C564543-9Ipkur Write Up AlphaRomar / Glisten 2140
Knight of the Third Imperium [x2]Rhylanor A434934-FCyan / Trojan Reach 2102
Knight of the Third ImperiumIkuna E000410-AKryslion / Trojan Reach 2002
MCG For Conspicuous GallantryThe Assault On AlellSelshor / Trojan Reach 1402
Travellers Aid Society 2798Dudid B510526-9Blog - mix of OTU and MTUhttp://traveller-ct.blogspot.com/
Pilots Guide To D'Arlee QuadrantTraveller Github spacehttps://github.com/COliver988/Traveller
Old November 26th, 2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliver988 View Post
You can edit the PDFs after the fact, but you can only get the stuff it includes.
Ok thanks. Definitely a no go for me then.
Old November 26th, 2020, 09:55 PM
Count

Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

Quote:
Ok thanks. Definitely a no go for me then.
Was there something specific you were looking for?
Old November 26th, 2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
Was there something specific you were looking for?
The functionality I asked about. Being able to add to what the characters can have/purchase/carry within the program.
Old November 27th, 2020, 05:54 AM
Count

Let me ask about it, if I can find the right board to ask on. That's a bit confining if you can't add stuff to it.
Old November 27th, 2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Let me ask about it, if I can find the right board to ask on. That's a bit confining if you can't add stuff to it.
Thanks. After rereading their website it appears that the inability to add new stuff to the program is intrinsic to their revenue model. E.g. as they add items to the MgT Central Supply Catalog (or whatever they call it) you can pay a fee to make it available in the Suite.
Old November 28th, 2020, 03:08 AM
Count

Quote:
Thanks. After rereading their website it appears that the inability to add new stuff to the program is intrinsic to their revenue model. E.g. as they add items to the MgT Central Supply Catalog (or whatever they call it) you can pay a fee to make it available in the Suite.
Yeah, that's the answer I'm seeing, too. Sorry. They could have put a little routine in the Equipment Buy screen for Other or Homebrew.

Well, if you ever need a by-the-rules character, drop me a note. I don't mind working up a character.
Old November 28th, 2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's the answer I'm seeing, too. Sorry. They could have put a little routine in the Equipment Buy screen for Other or Homebrew.

Well, if you ever need a by-the-rules character, drop me a note. I don't mind working up a character.
Thank you for checking it out for me.