Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old September 5th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

Gallery : 0
Madmax Citizen
Question 3D Star Map opinions?

I'm considering running Traveller in a 3D star map.
In standard Traveller the galaxy is only 1 parsec thick, in real life the Milky Way is around 3 hundred parsecs thick. This means the entire volume of Charted Space of the game could be fit in 1/300th the space shown on, for example, travellermap.com.
To me it seems that having 3 dimensions to choose from when travelling, instead of just 2, may offer many more options to the players, as well as just making the whole experience seem more like actual space travel instead of flat ocean travel.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried running a 3D star map game, and what advantages and/or disadvantages they may have found to it.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.