Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Software Solutions

Software Solutions Discussions on Traveller related software.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
the angle Citizen

I don't program in Visual Basic, but I would like to offer a HUGE thank-you to Stuart for creating that program. Tinkering with systems and sectors in H&E is as much fun as rolling up characters with CT and Mercenary. Having used it, I'd feel handicapped if I had to run Traveller again without it.

Steve
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Qstor2 Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Qstor2

Someone should show this thread to EDG. I don't know if he posts here much anymore. Thanks Stuart for making this available. It's one of my FAVORITE gaming software programs.

Mike
Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Qstor2 Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Qstor2

is there any ETA on the new version?

thanks for working on this

Mike
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Commander Truestar Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstor2 View Post

Mike
stooooop!!!
At least so long as this effort is out of the news I can reduce the drooling....

Actually, I do look forward to this moving forward and am willing to volunteer any help I can give. Back when Stuart was working on it that was money for licensing stuff. LMK if I can help in any way with the current effort!

Marc
(this message is not a reflection on the name Marc but acts as a wide acting "Over Reaction prevention disclaimer in the event you are rushing, uncertain or have not read my post and realized I am not "THE" Marc")
- I am 'A' Marc and I approved this message
Old June 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Count

Visit Hemdian's Blog
Hemdian Citizen+Hemdian Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstor2 View Post

Mike
Stuart has ceased development and cancelled HE2. (Of course he could change his mind in the future but he seemed clear he that he had no intent to do so.) He has passed the source code for HE1 and HE2 to me to aid in the development of Universe2. Therefore Universe2 will not only upgrade the features of Universe1 but also include many of the features of HE. I am hoping Universe2 will be ready for beta testing around Christmas ... which should mean general release before summer next year.
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Murdoc Citizen
Thumbs up

I'm afraid that I am not familiar with "Universe". Could you give me a bit of info on it?

And although I'm sure he's long gone now I'd like to second that big thank you to Stuart for H&E1. Instant civilizations make gaming so much easier!
BladeMaker2 - Now a real T5 'Maker' for melee weapons from TL 0-20, with options, materials, sizes, etc.!
T5 Aerodynamics Rules - For ship hull configurations, realistic re-entry, etc.

Last edited by Murdoc; June 28th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Picked wrong icon for post
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Count

Visit Hemdian's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
I'm afraid that I am not familiar with "Universe". Could you give me a bit of info on it?
Universe is a bit like Galactic: a drill-down atlas. It is Windows-based(*) and uses a relational database for data storage. It's key features are the ability to store player notes and referee notes separately, and its ability to make rich detail maps (such as this or this). It is sold through BITS ... though any new copies are made by me and now shipped from a secret location in western Canada.

* = Works fine on WinXP and some older releases, works clunkily on Vista Ultimate, does not work on Vista Home Premium.
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:51 PM

Murdoc Citizen

Quote:
Universe is a bit like Galactic: a drill-down atlas.
Cool. Gal was getting a little long in the tooth, being DOS and all. It was starting to get simpler to just use H&E for maps.

Quote:
It's key features are the ability to store player notes and referee notes separately, and its ability to make rich detail maps (such as this or this).
Hmm, pretty.

Quote:
It is sold through BITS ... though any new copies are made by me and now shipped from a secret location in western Canada.
Western Canada? Sold?!? So close, yet so far... I guess that I'll have to wait.

Thanks for the info though!
BladeMaker2 - Now a real T5 'Maker' for melee weapons from TL 0-20, with options, materials, sizes, etc.!
T5 Aerodynamics Rules - For ship hull configurations, realistic re-entry, etc.
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Count

Visit Hemdian's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
Western Canada? Sold?!? So close, yet so far... I guess that I'll have to wait.

Thanks for the info though!
Actually, maybe closer than you think. You're in Edmonton? I'm in Calgary this week looking for work (anyone know of any C# jobs going?), and I'll be in Stettler next weekend to game with a friend there.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

Gallery : 3
Rockdoc2010 Citizen
Default Heaven and Earth

Ironically I have been working on both versions of this aid myself for about twenty years or so. In visual basic as well. Everytime I get close to a product... VB changes or MS Axcess changes. I have code for vb 3 and 4 and I am working on taking from those losses and creating a valid product in the near future. It is not going to be SO ALL ENCOMPASING as yours were but I am working on graphics and navigation primarily.
The idea is that you choose a planet from a graphical map and travel there. I have tediously entered and adjusted others data(where errors were rampant) into a database of the entire "35 known 's" as well as extras that I have found

YES I would be very interested in your VB code snippits as well as an example of your DB structure.
I am happy with Accees but I have 97 data that I cant open as well as the majority of my older VB code is very problematic to deal with so I will cut and paste as best as possible to the new project.

Let me know! personal message