Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Garyius2003 Citizen
Default Mongoose Rules Questions

I got a gift card to the Barnes and Noble, and spent it on the rule book.

Questions:

1. If the chart for commission for Navy says Soc 8+, does that mean the character must have Soc 8+ to accept one?

2. If you take a sub skill --say Pilot (Spaceship), at a level, do you get the other subs at zero level?

3. How does a + to hit on firearms work? If the ACR has a laser and scope, is that +2 to hit?

4. Is a ship share 1% or 10% off the purchase price?
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Allensh Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to Allensh Send a message via AIM to Allensh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyius2003 View Post
I got a gift card to the Barnes and Noble, and spent it on the rule book.

Questions:

1. If the chart for commission for Navy says Soc 8+, does that mean the character must have Soc 8+ to accept one?

2. If you take a sub skill --say Pilot (Spaceship), at a level, do you get the other subs at zero level?

3. How does a + to hit on firearms work? If the ACR has a laser and scope, is that +2 to hit?

4. Is a ship share 1% or 10% off the purchase price?
In order...

1. It means you roll 2d6 and add your modifier from your Soc, and you must roll a total of 8 or higher.

2. Yes, you get all other specialties for that skill at level 0

3. Any die modifiers are added to your roll in combat; the target number is always 8+

4. A ship share is 1% off the purchase price. There is errata on the Mongoose site that addresses it and it has also been corrected in the PDF now available and in the Pocket Guide that just came out, so I am told.

Allen
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Qstor2 Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Qstor2

Here's the link to the errata:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/travpg.pdf