Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old December 9th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++

I'm dang glad for this thread as it's introduced me to the Muarne Sector which looks like tons of fun!
Old December 11th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 3
mmarquee Citizen
Default Update

I am still waiting for the large backlog of PRs to be worked through, and tinkering with the data to try and fit with what I think it could be.
Old January 30th, 2019, 06:33 PM

77topaz Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarquee View Post
I am still waiting for the large backlog of PRs to be worked through, and tinkering with the data to try and fit with what I think it could be.
This sounds exciting! I know I haven't been active here in the past two months, but that's been because a) me being busy in real life and b) the long queue of Traveller Map pull requests still waiting to be accepted discouraged me from submitting any more data updates (I have about four PRs already in the queue, if I remember correctly).

Anyway, you may find it useful to know that I have a list of several more of the Fire Routes in the Orion OB1 Association, which I just realised I never actually published on Explorer Base:

• Fire Route 1: Geerphli - 42 Orionis - Pi-6 Orionis - Hatsya - 82 G. Orionis - +4/+13
• Fire Route 2: Nievoak - Alnitak - Mintaka - Pi-4 Orionis - Omega Orionis - Theta-2 Orionis
• Fire Route 3: Charbreyne - 96 G. Orionis (/Nievoak) - Alnitak (FR2)
• Fire Route 4: Binaurie - 96 G. Orionis (/25 Orionis) - Phi-1 Orionis - Mintaka - Pi-4 Orionis (FR2)
• Fire Route 5: Femengaal - 25 Orionis - O Orionis (/Phi-1 Orionis) - Alnilam - Pi-4 Orionis (FR2) - Sigma Orionis - Hatsya (FR1) - Psi Orionis - +2/+11

The (FR2) brackets refer to intersections with other fire routes, the numbers with slashes refer to currently unnamed sectors in trailing/rimward coordinates and the (/Sector) brackets refer to places where I hadn't precisely decided where a route would pass through yet.

EDIT: I've now also added this information to Explorer Base.

Last edited by 77topaz; January 30th, 2019 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Update
Old January 31st, 2019, 10:20 AM
Knight

Gallery : 11
gchuck Citizen
Default Phlange & Uroac sectors

My current campaign is set in the Storr sector, and the players are getting ready to move into Phlange.

Any chance that a 'dot' map, or, perhaps a 'fleshed' out sector map of either of these two exists somewhere in 'explorer base'?

I'd rather like to avoid building a bunch of subsectors from scratch!
Old January 31st, 2019, 12:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Maksim-Smelchak Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
This sounds exciting! I know I haven't been active here in the past two months, but that's been because a) me being busy in real life and b) the long queue of Traveller Map pull requests still waiting to be accepted discouraged me from submitting any more data updates (I have about four PRs already in the queue, if I remember correctly).
Thank you!

Shalom,
M.
Old January 31st, 2019, 03:55 PM

77topaz Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchuck View Post
My current campaign is set in the Storr sector, and the players are getting ready to move into Phlange.

Any chance that a 'dot' map, or, perhaps a 'fleshed' out sector map of either of these two exists somewhere in 'explorer base'?

I'd rather like to avoid building a bunch of subsectors from scratch!
There is already data for Storr on Traveller Map, and I think Phlange may be one of the sectors mmarquee is working on (it's a bit hard to tell when all the data is just Github documents, but once Joshua Bell starts working on Traveller Map again and accepts the current pull requests, we'll be able to see it on the site).
Old March 19th, 2019, 12:12 AM
Knight

Gallery : 11
gchuck Citizen
Default Uroac/Urok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
There is already data for Storr on Traveller Map, and I think Phlange may be one of the sectors mmarquee is working on (it's a bit hard to tell when all the data is just Github documents, but once Joshua Bell starts working on Traveller Map again and accepts the current pull requests, we'll be able to see it on the site).
Went and looked at the 'github' listings just now.

Uroac is on the Traveller map, is that the same as Urok in github?
Old March 19th, 2019, 02:08 AM

77topaz Citizen

No, Urok is the name of another sector further along the Rim Route.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:58 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 2
ovka Citizen+ovka Citizen+

Just a quick question regarding this. If the goal of the Solomani Perseus Project is to explore the Perseus spiral arm of the galaxy, why would they go rim/trailing instead of more or less straight rimward? Wouldn't that be a shorter distance? Wouldn't rim/spinward be shorter to the next spiral arm than rim/trailing?

Cheers,

Baron Ovka