Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Ship's Locker

Ship's Locker Submit your favorite original equipment and weapons for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:35 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Visit R_Kane's Blog
R_Kane Citizen
I've been wondering if anyone has any ideas for increasing the off-road speeds for vehicles designed with the T20 rules.

An idea I had was that a vehicle could sacrifice a point of Agility (due to excess power) for a 5% (or 10%) increase in the maximum off-road speed.

So if the normal off-road spped is 50% of max overall speed (I forget what the actual percentage is, don't have my book handy), and the vehicle design has a +3 to Agility due to excess power, it can lower its Agility bonus down to +1 and raise its max off-road speed to 60% (or 70%) of the maximum overall speed.

Another way might be to increase the size and cost of drivetrain units which allow an increased off-road speed.

Any ideas, comments?