Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old January 28th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Visit rzg6f's Blog
rzg6f Citizen

Ok, just joined Praetreon and supporting this. My question, however, is how do the 3d vectors work with miniatures? I mean, I have a batch of starships ready to base on normal, black, hex bases - do I need special bases for the 3d system? I think I saw bases that allowed the mini to tilt up and down and side to side. Is that something needed?
Old January 28th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 6
Ad Astra News Citizen

The best way to do this is with Ninja Magic adapters: http://ninjamagic.com/cgi-bin/gt/tpl.h,content=19& Unfortunately, Todd has been overwhelmed with his real job (and moving to a new state) and hasn't been able to assemble and package any of his products for a while now. His last update was:

Quote:
Then, the first part of [2015] I'll be focusing on getting the Ninja Magic/Game Room revamped. I'll also take this regrouping opportunity to look into getting the adapters injection molded since the metal castings are just too much work to clean up and assemble. I'll also be going through my inventory, restocking, and work on packaging.
We're all keeping our fingers crossed.

In any case, the Ninja Magic adapters are great because you simply remove your ships from the bases to store them for transport and you can set up multiple bases for different games and just swap your ships among them. And, of course, they do that whole pitch and roll thing so well. For Squadron Strike, you won't need the 45-degree adapters.

Old January 29th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Knight

Visit rzg6f's Blog
rzg6f Citizen

Yep,

Those are the ones I came across. Good, well then, I'll wait to base until this all comes online.
Old February 17th, 2016, 01:34 AM

Ad Astra News Citizen

Old February 17th, 2016, 03:03 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

Two days until I part with money...

kickstarter?
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Knight

lostscout5 Citizen

Well this looks cool.
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:50 PM

Ad Astra News Citizen

Last edited by Ad Astra News; February 18th, 2016 at 12:46 AM..
Old February 18th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

Yey, one more sleep until I part with money
Old February 18th, 2016, 03:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 10
Hyphen Citizen+Hyphen Citizen+

Dear Folks -

I've added a picture of two fleets of Ad Astra ships here: http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gal...dex.php?n=2117

"Deep in your heart, you know you want enough ships to play Fifth Frontier War as a minis game." - Charles Oines
- Count Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl, Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Coins:(#170) XO (Lt) FE Holmes, 154th BR Sq
(#222) PlatLdr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th

Last edited by Hyphen; February 18th, 2016 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Added Charles' quote!
Old February 18th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 10
Hyphen Citizen+Hyphen Citizen+
Default Squadron Strike: Traveller launches today!!

Dear Folks -

Just wanted to let know that this is a Kickstarter you *can*trust: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rike-traveller

First, I have bought Ad Astra minis before. The minis are good quality, and the shipper is reliable and flexible. I have the Zho and Imperial Fleet Boxes, plus a few additional Impys to make up the original roster shown in Charles Oines' original graphic. (Production cost more than originally estimated, so they had to reduce the number of ships for the final boxed version - but when I asked if I could buy the additional minis, Ken said "no problem" and added them to the shipment!)

Second, the company has proven its integrity. Ken has not been paid for his contribution (starship miniatures) to Ken Whitman's Spinward Traveller project. Even so, he had the minis ready to ship in Feb 2015. He wasn't able to ship them because he wasn't given the shipping information until after Christmas 2015.

Not only was this not his fault, but he actually apologised for the delay, sent the minis anyway (after checking everyone's addresses were still current!!), and promised to send the Gazelle if the Squadron Strike Kickstarter reaches that stretch goal!

Third, their comms are sound. Ever since receiving the addresses, he has kept in contact and kept us up to date with what's happening. And reliable - having sent a message that my minis had shipped on 16 Jan, they arrived less than a week later (those are the ones on my Facebook page).

So if you want excellent Traveller minis from a good, reliable production hose, back Ken's Squadron Strike: Traveller Kickstarter today!

"Deep in your heart, you know you want enough ships to play Fifth Frontier War as a minis game." - Charles Oines
- Count Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl, Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Coins:(#170) XO (Lt) FE Holmes, 154th BR Sq
(#222) PlatLdr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th