Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
Default Heavy Weapons, Heavy Armor

I sometimes struggle, when I run Traveller campaigns, on how easy it should be for a crew full of civilians to lay their hands on top, military grade equipment.

On the one hand, I think of the real world. If an ocean ship captain made port in Africa or some parts of the middle east, I'm sure it would not be that hard for any of the crew from that vessel to find some pretty powerful weapons.

Translate that to Traveller: Should the availability of Battle Dress and Fusion Guns be as simple as traveling to a Low Law, High Pop world, with a lot of Imperial Credits to spend?

Or, does the Imperial Government keep a tight fist around those types of equipment--to where it's not that easy to obtain.

And, if this is the case, how would a crewman from a typical Traveller free trader ever hope to get his hands on something more powerful than an ACR?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.