Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old July 19th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Visit Botcho's Blog
Botcho Citizen
Default My Storium Adaption of CT:Beltstrike

So this may or may not be the proper place for this post but... Are you familiar with Storium.com?

I have adapted CT's Beltstrike (purchased on FFE's CT collection) to Storium.

Curious and want to check it out? PM me your storium profile name or your preferred e-mail address for such nonsense and I'll send you an invite.

The ship's crew is in need of a Face, a Reader and Fighters. If it were my birthday; A team of double duty, Female fighters one that moonlights as the Face and the Other that is shy of her abilities as a Reader would be ideal. Just be sure to wrap it all up in a pretty red bow for me.

For fighter think Jane Cob, Starbuck, Ronin

The Face is a public relations individual, attractive, compelling, and a confidence manipulator. Perhaps Psionics driven or just damn good at what she does. Think Inara, Ruby Rod, or the original Face from the A-team.

The Reader is an intelligence gathering, sneaky, profiler. Perhaps Psionics driven or just damn good at what she does. Think Olivia Dunam, Moulder & Scully, River Tam

Either the Face or Reader could do much of their work as a computer hack/slicer.

Our current Players are: @Avalon as our Captain Cassidy Rydell @Alexdhoyle as our Droyne Mechanic Pratchett Dern @Crazycake as our Augmented Doctor Sol Wyden.
Old July 29th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 1
Visit Botcho's Blog
Botcho Citizen

https://storium.com/game/traveller-beltstrike

So this is my Storium adaption of a Classic Traveller adventure module. All rights are of course reserved by Game Designers' Workshop & Far Future Enterprises.

This is shaping up to be a gritty, small ship, space opera romp through a distant planetary system dominated by a single gas giant and a massive asteroid belt. We have a compliment of six amazing crew members, a charming little Type-S Seeker named the Free Fall Lady (yes I purchased the deck plans) and big dreams.

Besides the amazing players there are a couple interesting aspects of the story telling that I thought you all might be interested in reading about.

The first is the rather obscure space opera story telling trope known as the Cold Reserves. Basically in an setting that can boast of cheap and easy Low Berth cryogenic storage, vessels become capable of keeping excess or overly specialized crew on ice in the cargo bay. To be awoken when needed. This is an amazing source of characters in the opening scenes. Introducing each character as a need arises for their contributions.

Another thing we've done a little differently then most PBP is to explicitly state an exit strategy for characters who need to/want to leave the game. The setting is a deadly one. The opening scenes have been all about the trials and tribulations revolving around the death of a crew member. The game description specifically asks those who want to leave to write their fellow players one last move describing their sudden and tragic death. The remaining crew grieves, and then promptly turns to the Cold Reserves to wake their replacement.