Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > GURPS Traveller

GURPS Traveller A forum for discussing GURPS Traveller from Steve Jackson Games

Old April 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
RainOfSteel Citizen
Question

Ye ol' Dunce Cap™ is now officially in place.

I'm hoping someone can answer a pair of questions I have about Jump Masking as detailed in GT: Far Trader.
  • P. 59: Jump Masking Diagram: The world's 100D limit is shown, the star's 100D limit is shown, and in this diagram, neither overlap. A light-grey cone is drawn from the world's 100D limit out past the star's 100D limit. Text in this cone says "Masked Jumps". I don't follow. The area encompassed by the light grey cone is outside of both the world's and the star's 100D limit, so how are jumps "masked" in an area that is not encompassed by a 100D limit? Or is that not what it means?
  • P. 60: Jump-Point Masking Table: Free: Under the definition of "Free", it says, Free is the chance that any point on the main world 100D limit will be unmasked by the jump limit of hte stellar primary . . . , ok I'm losing it right there. How does a star's 100D limit "unmask" a planet's 100D limit? If it can do it at all, why only in limited cases?</font>
More questions may follow . . .
"The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it." ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen

Last edited by RainOfSteel; February 13th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: More broken tags.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.